crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bit of an update..

obviously i have been riding the bike for a while now, but as usual a build is never finished..

over time i found the bike to be a little twitchy in the front end and i remember a couple of revmx owners saying the same.

so i ordered a longer swingarm and new linkage kit (LXR/TL160) in hope that it will reduce the twitchy steering a bit as well as add a bit more strength..

when removing the standard revmx linkage i found the bolts were starting to bend which i suspected in the beginning as there not very thick and the grade seems weak.

to fit the linkage to fit i had to raise the frame mount point.
anyways pics tell a better story.

in the pics you'll see some other new parts i fitted.. (pegs & rear brake pedal)
also you'll see the lack of rear brakes, im in the middle of upgrading these and have a new set of wheels on order.

IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0638.jpg

the rear brake needed about 1 inch cut out of it just behind the foot peg.

the new swingarm sits a lot better, but i need to wind the spring up a bit now.
you wouldnt think an inch or so extra length would make that much difference to he shock action.. but it does..

best home made bike period........ you have out done your self yet again sean great work

Did you weld it with the engine still in?? haha

cheers guys...
can't wait to test it out on some big jumps now.. hopefully the shock spring winds up enough or ill have to go a bigger one..

the old lxr's had 300lb springs and the 09.5 and up suppose to of gone to 320lb , so dhz/ etc mite have a 320 spring.

update...

finally got my rear brake setup. i decided to go a 02 - 08 YZ85 YZ 85 rear brake caliper and a 93 - 08 YZ85 YZ 85 rear brake master cylinder.

i was dreading fitting these but the rear caliper and mount had the correct size for the 15mm axle and the swingarm locator was in perfect location..
this seriously just slipped straight in and all i had to do was cut a 10mm spacer for between the caliper bracket and the lxr wheel spacer..

now obviously i had to make a bracket to mount the master cylinder.. was pretty easy.
the one i have in the pics is just a template for when i get an alloy one made up..
i also had to make the master to brake pedal rod longer.. no biggie but again i will change this later too..
anyways here's the pics..

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

as you can see the master cylinder angle needs to be adjusted slightly.

another good thing about these brakes is the pad to disk running area... there's heaps as you can see..

bleeding these were a dream to lol..

oh other thing im yet to do is mount the master cylinder reservoir..

itchin for a ride now lol.. but gotta wait for my new rear spring to arrive :(

Very impressive sean . I hope to get my bike to you soon so maybe you can see if there is a difference in the masters ? Good work mate

yeah cool mate... the master im running has 1/2 cast into it so my guess it is it a 1/2 inch bore..

and woggy... yeah no worries man... order some up hey.. oh you better make that 2 sets lol cause darren wants a set if mine worked out..

Great stuff

Great job shaun. If you want to reduce the twitchness in the front end all you have to do is drop the forks in the triple clamps. It will make it steer a little slower. Lengthening the swingarm to psto will help staitline stabilty though, but the front end wont wheelstand as easy. Ride on Bro. Durrant

i would have thought that dropping the forks threw the clamps further would increase the twitchiness and make it steer faster. puts more weight transfer to the front wheel as well.

sean could you possibly grab some close up pics of the linkage? like how much clearance is in front of the spring at the bottom and the angle the set ups on?

Latest posts

Back