CRF70 style china build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
Hi all im going to be starting a build soon i want a crf70 style bike i have about $700 to play with atm and dont know where to start really so any help would be great

I built my bike the wrong way around so if your going from scratch I would recommend building the roller first. Get a frame, forks, swinger, shock and wheels first is my suggestion.....

Cheers Carlton

Frames always a good start. is the $700 a starting figure?

TBolt have an SSR frame but you'd be looking at around the 500 posted for it.

I didnt know it would be that expensive what about a crf50 style but with larger front forks and a longer rear shock to raise it up a little

I didnt know it would be that expensive what about a crf50 style but with larger front forks and a longer rear shock to raise it up a little

IF you're gonna do that, why not just go straight for a KLX style bike? I understand trying to stand out from the crowd, but you might find it prohibitively difficult or expensive ;)

doesnt really matter what style bike you build, what matters is what style ride your building for.

good suspension, average suspension or entry level?
strong engine or crappy under powered out dated engine?
wheels and brakes?

the list goes on as do the options...

start with a good bike and youll have a better bike in the end.. start with a shtbox and it will always be a sht box until you find yourself replacing every single item on the bike, including the frame..

1200 isnt really all that much if you have already budgeted for 700

klx crf70 are approx the same size, crf50 little smaller, then genuine crf50 being the smallest..

ttr/lxr tiny bit bigger than klx/crf70..

what sort of riding will you be doing? thats the best way to start a build

Parts with both will be pretty much the same:

both can use the same:

engine,
forks
swinger
shock
wheels
brakes
handlebars
controls
carby, electrics, etc

the following parts are more unique to each style:
frame
plastics
tank
exhaust

So at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference as to which make you choose. As Sean said earlier you can pick up the dhz crf70 style frame for a good price... as far as klx frames go ... you can get those from various dealers... so its up to you mate. Good luck
Carlton

A mate has a klx style bike needs new engine but all else is fine would that be a good place too start ill see if he will take $150 for it

Depending on how much you would keep original ... I would think it would be a good idea. the cost of a from scratch build starts to add up in no time so if you had a bike to begin with it could save alot of $$$

my father has a motovert pro which is a klx 110 style frame and i have a motovert expert which is a crf70 style frame and the expert is a little bit bigger.

Ok the engine on his bike is dead so ill need new engine the exhaust is stufed but he said the rest is ok what would be a good cheap engine but with heaps of power

Latest posts

Back