crf70 style DHZ DPro 140 or crf50 style DHZ Dpro 160?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul R

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new here on Miniriders and I'm also new to Pit bikes. This is a great website and a fantastic resource you have here with a heap of information and advice for newbies like me.

I recently bought my sons a 2nd hand Honda crf50 for Christmas(already have plans for a build when they grow out of it) and I want to get a bike to ride along with them and have some fun. I figured what better way to do that than to get down closer to their level with a smaller bike, so I'm going to buy myself a pit bike.

After a heap of research on here over the last few weeks, I've decided to follow the repeated wise advice offered by experienced members and buy a DHZ.
Dhz have offered me some great deals at the moment, but the dilemma I face is which bike will suit me better, the crf70 style DHZ DPro 140 or the crf50 style DHZ Dpro 160?

Both fall within my budget and both look like great bikes, I'm just not sure whether to go with the more powerful engine or the better ergonomics.

I'm 5'11 95kg and rode bikes a lot in my youth, with the last bike I owned about 8 years ago being a WR400F. I'm not planning on competitively racing this bike or doing any serious FMXing, I just plan on having some fun with mates (who are looking at buying too) and using it to ride trails and paddocks with my 6 and 11 yo sons, with the odd ride down at the local mini track.

The crf70 style Dpro 140 ergonomics look like they will work a lot better for me, but I'm worried the 140 engine won't be enough, so at the moment I'm leaning towards the Dpro 160 because of the bigger engine and the great reviews it's received. I can't test ride either as there are none around my area and I have a limited budget set by my wife :lol: otherwise I'd just buy the Outlaw 160 and get the best of both worlds.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts and opinions and hopefully you can help me make up my mind.

go the crf70 one it a newer and nicer looking bike and if you think the 140 is too slow which i very much doubt it you can always replace the motor later to a 160 but ide put money on it would be a while before you changed it

I can see that you own an Outlaw 160 in your avatar DHZ_XR8ing and I've read posts from you before about it. Have you ever ridden the DHZ crf style of bike to compare the two different styles?

Last edited:
yes I have a 125 crf50 and handling and suspension the 2 bikes cant be compared. The crf70 is by far a better balanced bike.

I can see that you own an Outlaw 160 in your avatar DHZ_XR8ing and I've read posts from you before about it. Have you ever ridden the DHZ crf style of bike to compare the two?

yes I have a 125 crf50 and handling and suspension the 2 bikes cant be compared. The crf70 is by far a better balanced bike.

CRF70 with no doubt... a better handling bike with greater stabability is priceless :)

Latest posts

Back