CT110 jumps out of gear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgrafty

Reaction score
Just new to this forum but looks like all the experience is here. I am restoring a 1984 CT110 and just finished rebuilding the top end. Runs great but the transmission is hard shifting and jumps out of gear. Transmission selector lever sticks sometimes. I have been reading the Clymer Manual and it sounds like I might have to break the case and go after the shifter forks. Does that sound right? I am getting a false neutral from time to time. Before I go that far, I thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks,
Rgrafty

id be checking the shift drum setup first which is located under the clutch cover.
the shift drum star is known to come loose and the detent spring can as well.

i would say from being a old postie bike the drum & sector forks are proberly very worn

id be checking the shift drum setup first which is located under the clutch cover.
the shift drum star is known to come loose and the detent spring can as well.
ive got the same problem on my postie in 4th gear on a slightly bumpy road it always wants to jump out of gear.
if i pull the cover off will i be able to see this or will i have to remove the clutch to look???
dont really want to spend alot of money on it so i would love to fix the problem myself without taking it to anyone???

if you watch an old postie ride these bikes you will realise why the gearboxes stuff up being a heel toe change most old posties beleive you have to gently click it down gears with your toe then on the up change belt the f78c7k out of it with your heel

ive got the same problem on my postie in 4th gear on a slightly bumpy road it always wants to jump out of gear.
if i pull the cover off will i be able to see this or will i have to remove the clutch to look???
dont really want to spend alot of money on it so i would love to fix the problem myself without taking it to anyone???

i wouldnt be a expensive to fix yourself, more a pain if its the dowls in the drum or the selector forks.. its all rather simple stuff but its a split the case effort to get at them parts..

Head and Bore off.. clutch off, motor out of bike... and pull them cases apart..

[youtube]63skpwY-yTY[/youtube]

[youtube]4iteP-zLsN8[/youtube]

+1 for seans advice
the shift stuff is under the clutch and fails
special tool similer to pit bike one to remove clutch

Any followup on the diagnosis on this problem?
My 2008 ct110 "slips" out of second occasionally. Not always, but 40% of the time its 100% sure to happen.

Its only second gear and I've found that if I quickly click it into 3rd then back down it runs fine.

Latest posts

Back