custom aluminium rear sprockets - any teeth No.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaMan

Reaction score
Hi All,
are there any rear sprockets out there that are hard to get?
i have worked out how to machine them on a cnc but want to know if anyone actually wants them....
Let me know

$50 is a bit steep mate. Dunno if you'll sell any unless they look reallly good...

its depends on what you call custom...
i'm not going to waste 3 hours cutting some wanky design into a perfectly good sprocket..

and thanks sydney, finally someone who realises what custom cnc work is worth.

ducar - i know what sizes i need but the thickness can vary from bike to bike depending on offset. a 32 tooth sprocket needs a piece af ally approx 150mm square, a 128 chain calls for a piece 8mm thick from memory, that is with 0 offset, and already your looking at $20 of material if you want a high grade alloy.
and yes i could make a front but the time and effort required to cut the splines make it not worth while.

okie doke so whats the price for the rear then as im super keen
ive sussed out a front already from chain gang for $35

firstly i need to know the thickness of your existing sprocket and if there is an offset, the centre bore size, the distance between bolt holes (and how many - 3 or 4) and exactly how many teeth you want (i'm guessing 32).
also do you want some sort of design on it or just like this picture.
sprocket.jpg

no designs ill get u measurements tomoro
there is no offset and its a 4 bolt

ill take 5 sprockets 45 theet on them all..... i will get all the measurements tomoro

Do u do any other CNC work??

Australian made+ quality cnc work+ decent materials= friggin way better than any cheap piece of china cnc shit. Support the Australian industry. You'll be the first person ill come to mate when i need a new rear sprocket.

It would also be a good idea to put mud cleaning groves into the radius at the base of the teeth that way the chain cleans the teeth out as it goes along the sprocket. ace of spades design would be cool if you ever thought of wipping up a few designs. i'd have ago at designing a few but i dont have any CAD programs at home

hi again, private message me with details of what you want and how many and we can work out a price. i can do most cnc milling work. what sort of design work do you do unit? and what do you mean by 'mud clearing groves'???

hi all, i've been roped into going to the inlaws for dinner, anyone that wants sprockets let me know and i'll get back to you later tonight.

bananaman , ill try and get some CAD programs soonish to wip together sprocket designs , if you could send me a template of the sprocket with the correct measurement ill be more than happy to do some designs for free.
Mud clearing groves are at the base between each sprocket tooth , the metal is cut away on a slight angle so that mud build up slips out the side of the gap between the sprocket teeth

Latest posts

Back