Custom ATC70 minibike hybrid

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuckUte

Reaction score
After a resto on an old ATC70 that i had i decided that with some small mods these little 3 wheelers would be muc more fun.

First step was to find some donor bikes

This trike came up and i already had a minibike lying round
BnL1kCGkKGrHqMOKjEEtqFQ-TLBLijhVHnv_3.jpg

After striping the seat and tank mounts off the mini frame i got an axle carier machined up to hold the ATC axle then made a swingarm to mount the ATC axle to the mini frame

IMG_0668.jpg

The next step was how to attach the fat front wheel to a mini frame. After much internet searching i ended up getting a custom set of alloy triples CNC'ed to suit USD forks

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

Now i had a rolling chassis to work on. The above pic shows the temporary frontend before i got the triples done

Last edited:
Now came time to make it look like an ATC70 again......

All the mini seat and tank mounts had to go and new ATC mounts fabricated.

IMG_0686sm.jpg

And to make sure it would stop a disc brake had to be made up

IMG_0701sm.jpg

After cutting out the center hub from the drum i made a plate to mount a mini brake disc to the hub and also had to make a mounting bracket to mount te caliper to the swingarm.

IMG_0713sm.jpg

IMG_0720sm.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

This is what i had. The biggest problem i now had was that it was nearly 200mm higher but still had the same rear axle width which meant it was real keen to tip over so some wheel spacers were called for

IMG_1263asm.jpg

Now the bike was nearly finished

To get the 110cc to fit i had to modify the intake manifold to clear the fuel tank, don't have a TIG on and but found some alumnium brazing rods on the internet and after some practice i ended up with this
IMG_0614sm.jpg

To control the back end a new shock was called for so a DNM shock went in
20b5_10.jpg

and some new Douglas aluminium one piece wheels and some holeshot tyres for some bling
IMG_0790sm.jpg

Here is the bike as it stands at the moment

IMG_1767sm.jpg

Front USD forks with custom alloy triples

IMG_1768sm.jpg

Only a 110 (lookin for somethin bigger) with pullstart off ATC70

IMG_1769sm.jpg

Rear swinger with disc brake conversion and DNM remote reservoir shock

IMG_1766sm.jpg

Still needs work to tidy it up, on the list is

• Seat cover
  • Protaper bars
  • Paint job
  • 160 engine

nice work mate :)
the back end looks a little high for me but thats all. maybe a bigger front wheel?
love all your custom fab' work though.
what front forks are they?

good work mate its good to see another trike lover. Our gang ride modded honda 70s there like the OG of old school mini bikes we've had ours for years. All of our lot though havent moded the frames though we just jam pit bike gear and engines in any way we can.

Last edited:
nice work mate :)
the back end looks a little high for me but thats all. maybe a bigger front wheel?
love all your custom fab' work though.
what front forks are they?

Thanks all for the great comments

The back does level out once it has me sitting on it. I have a 1000lb spring in there at the moment but i think that is a bit hard.

The front forks are these i think, as i got them privately
GOLD ANODIZED USD FRONT FORK 635MM CRF STYLE PIT BIKE (eBay item 110556124930 end time 04-Nov-10 05:15:14 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

looks amazing mate, my mate had one of those 70cc trikes, unfortunatley doing some work on a farm, starting a chainsaw , it burst into flames and then sadly took the trike aswell, although it has proved itself to be a fun rebuild project, new motor is all we need now and were almost set!

Latest posts

Back