Cylinder swap?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millzy555

Reaction score
Was hoping to find out whether i could swap out my Daytona 125 Cylinder for a Lifan, zongshen etc?. I've stripped my Cam chain idler pulley bolt and looking for the easiest fix?

Cheers Jordan

Use a Helicoil kit to rethread it, that is the easiest/cheapest fix they cost around $25
Most Fastener shop's, Bearing shop's and the better Car part's place's sell them
I had issues trying to swap a Daytona cylinder for another type, but the height difference make's it a problem.
I guess you could have another cylinder machined down to size, the cost might out weigh the repair
Metric Thread Repair Insert KIT M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 M14 M16 Helicoil SET Tool | eBay

$_12.JPG

Year that was my initial thought using a helicoil. If it doesn't work I'll just throw in a lifan 140 and be done with it
PS: Any idea which one to suit the idler pulley bolt??

Last edited:
I can't see you have any problem's doing it.
Take the head/cylinder off to do it though.
The 150 cylinder i have here use's an M8 x 1.25 thread bolt, the helicoil would need to be 6 mm deep.
Buy one that's the right length or slightly longer so you can trim it down

For interest's sake, how tall is the cylinder, and what bore size ?
I have a few here that i can compare it with
The Lifan, Zonger one's wont be Nikasil plated like the original Daytona one would be, unless you can find a GPX125 cylinder, if it's the right height/bore it might fit though ?

Last edited:
Standard bore size...which I don't know exactly. Will tear it down tomorrow arvo and measure up. Cheers for the help.

Tried loctite but no go

Latest posts

Back