damage report.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones

Reaction score
afternoon gents, well today i went for a ride. a 4 1/2 hour right to be exact and was having a blast, my old man has come down to Pelican Point to come pick me up and he said, nah go on, just go for one last quick ride, 10 mins or so, i will wait here for you! awww how generous of my old man to do that for me so off i went, rippin down the road and not a worry at all, everything is running a treat. i get to a little 20 foot tabletop and hit it a few times clearing it time and time again regardless of the huge head wind.

okay this is it, one more time then i will pack up and we will go home, so off i go, chrage into the berm, roost up all over the joint as i was going hard and am in 3rd half throttle (damn head wind) and gaining. i come to the upramp and *BANG* the back wheel locks, i slide up the ramp and lanuch with no back wheel a good 15 feet, the bike by this time has left me and is on its way -----> in that direction while im going <----- over this way. im just thinking aaahhhh fuck my plastics, my beautiful plastics there going to be ruined. i land on my feet and run out of it cause im oohh so sporty but the bike thankfully lands in some nice turned up dirt from me rippin up. i rush over to inspect and to my surprise its all in perfect nick, not a single scratch at all, WONDERFUL. i get back on, kick her over and the first 2 times it didnt start, 3rd time i got her going. AWESOME, lets head back to my old man, i have left him waiting long enough, so off i go, hit the right hand berm and tear through it, poor dude on the other side freaked out cause i was hammerin and he must have thought i wasnt going to pull it in but i ripped her in hard and had my right handle just skimming the ground and swung her around while the other dude did a runna hahaha, poor fella. so im gassing it, hit third on the back wheel and get to the left hand berm, tap the back brake and swing her in hard and i hear a clunking noise and she died. from that point on it wouldnt start no matter what, FU*KIN HELL.. i screamed for a little while i can tell you cause i was 5kms away from my old man and it was mostly uphill.

after a disasterous 50 mins i got back to the van and we loaded up and i told old man of the dilema of which we were both baffeled. off home we go, was a good drive home and me and old man had a good conversation about plenty of stuff, cricket, footy, riding etc etc... and as my old man does, something about physics (he is a painter... makes alot of sence huh!)

so i get home and think to myself, i will have a bit of a look around, see what i cant find so first things first, get the toolbox, seat for the bike, petrol (just incase) etc etc... and of course a Crown Larger, aaaahhhhh loverly.

off with the flywheel cover and holy crist, this shit is a MESS. first image is the devistation done by the chain to the flywheel cover, as you can see its done quite a number on the poor fella, oohh well, this still doesnt tell me why it wont start, lets move on.

flywheelcover.jpg

this little fella was rolling around WITH my flywheel causing all sorts of damage, scratching things, tearing other bits and pieces, its no wonder it didnt ruin my magneto.

flywheelcover2.jpg

visible damage from the outside, why didnt i see this before, well it was because it was caked in mud hahaha.

flywheelcoverexterior.jpg

that little piece that i was telling you all about, man it did do damage to my magneto, hence why the little fella didnt want to start, SHIT this is terrible, its getting worse and worse isnt it. anyway on with the search.

magneto.jpg

finally after all was roughly examined i took a closer look, as it turns out my magneto was loose as the screws had slightly undone themselves and as you can see here there is some damage done to the magneto framework (bottom 2 circles). oohh well not to bother, gives me a fantastic reason to upgrade to an IRK

magnetodamage.jpg

so what do you guys think about all this, bit of a disaster but i am only happy it happened at the end of the days riding and not the beginning as that would have sucked big time. so where does the road take me now you ask. well im going to invest in an IRK, lighten up my oil slinger so i can still kickstart my motor (hopefully). more on this in a thread in Tech talk about better irk's for all interested.

Cheers, Tony

P.S: how would you rate my pictorial story out of 10, i want some good marks gents

Yeh that part that is snapped is a part of the removable stator, so it would make sense to replace with an inner rotor kit.

Last edited:
i would give that a 11 out of 10 lol great stroy. It amazing how one little piece of metal can do so much damage

Bugga thats gotta suk mate, my mates went out riding last monday and they were only out there for half an hour...one bike had its chain snap and rip half the cover off and rip out some threading and my other mates bike got a flat tyre..haha im glad i was sick that day lol!

fix it, and then sell it... get urself another engine, as that could not be good... dirt will get into the irk and could cause problems!

that my freind is the capacitor discharge sensor, i snapped into my magneto cover aswell, i recommed getting some aluminium epoxy to patch that shit up just like i did!

Hey Dabomb did the kneadit work OK or did you use something else?

whilst i COULD do a patch job, i feel the opportunity to replace the flywheel with an IRK is good right now and to replace the flywheel cover with something more "trick" is also approperate. why not sieze the opportunity i say so i will be looking into an IRK. thanks for the good feedback on the story hehehe, might as well make something positive out of a bad situation, no point in getting upset about it i guess so chin up is my motto :D.

Cheers, Tony.

hety bones you should checkout the Boysen covers, theyre mint$$$

Good stuff mate ....damage sux though .

Still a bit of bling and an irk and she'll be better than ever, much better to be positive about it mate you are right....being a negative vibe merchant doesn't get anyone asnywhere.

and i bet the best bit was drinking the crownie! lol. tuff break man. keep us posted with it all. good luck with the irk mate!

Ben.

hahaha ben your spot on man, the crownie went down a treat i tell ya, i was de-hydrated and the beer (although not hydrating) was awesome. all is good though, too close to christmas to be worried about a flywheel cover and flywheel, just get some new trick gear. hay KTMKID would you be able to throw us a link to your boysen flywheel covers man, would be appreciated :D. thanks mate.

Cheers, Tony.

Hey Dabomb did the kneadit work OK or did you use something else?

hey yer i used aluminium epoxy (industrial strength) it works real well, dries real hard, just filed it back and its all good ill get sum pics!

2fid.jpg

1fid.jpg

lol good read and some cool pics, mabye get a dress up kit with a cool maginto cover? da bomb what did u say your motor was? was it loncin or?? zonchen, i think the loncins are alright, thinking of geting a 110 for a zed fiddy off fully50s

Latest posts

Back