damn road rules.READ IT

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok what about parents with three children in the back seat yelling and fighting?

Have three kids - And I'm experienced that in itself is helpful when having kids in car. You can shut kids up easy, can you shut your mates up on the way home from a party? Really can't see how you think the two are related.

Inexperienced driver - Roundy mates V Experienced driver with his/her own kids.

I heard they are trying to restrict P platers from driving 6 cylinders now.... Its a shame since a lot of sporty 4 cylinders are a lot quicker then commodores, falcons and a lot of the older v8's.

Is that because they are faster or heavier (drive like a tank) and harder to handle or drive? From a control standpoint I think that is a good idea. Practical - meh maybe not so good as older sixes are a fantastic place to learn and get a feel for motorcars in general & are also cheap well cheapish.

I think all young people under 20 should be restricted to 1995 Hyundai Excels.

Again you have no way of winning this is it a pointless and typical forum argument that I got sucked into again.

Last edited:
bring on time and passenger restrictions for P platers along with Veichle performance modifications. Best of all.... Bring on the LAMS laws for Victoria! :D

hmm.. what about those younger mothers and fathers( or imigrants ) with 2 or more kids? wonder if they will make acceptions there?!?

what abgout 80 year olds who cause chrashes day in day out
why arent aged people at fault???????????

^^ are also under review regarding license testing annualy.

hmm.. what about those younger mothers and fathers( or imigrants ) with 2 or more kids? wonder if they will make acceptions there?!?

Good call ---

what abgout 80 year olds who cause chrashes day in day out
why arent aged people at fault???????????

OOh god don't get me started on old people (80+)- start new thread..lol

Is that because they are faster or heavier (drive like a tank) and harder to handle or drive? From a control standpoint I think that is a good idea. Practical - meh maybe not so good as older sixes are a fantastic place to learn and get a feel for motorcars in general & are also cheap well cheapish.

I think all young people under 20 should be restricted to 1995 Hyundai Excels.[/QUOTE]

Its all to do with power to weight ratio. My mate had a Honda civic, 1.6L VTEC motor in it. It was quicker then any type of 6 cylinder I have been in. That thing was QUICK!. All 6 cylinder naturally aspirated commodores and V8 commodores from vb-vl are slow as poop.

Again you have no way of winning this is it a pointless and typical forum argument that I got sucked into again.

No way of winning this?? Im turbo charging my VL :).

i dont think this is a stupid typical argument. im getting a lot of good info about all of this and seeing other peoples points.

off the topic a bit but has any one been to any third world countries?
I've been to Thailand and u should have seen the locals on those lil motorbikes with three kids (including infants) and no helmets not indicating when changing lanes.

i dont think this is a stupid typical argument. im getting a lot of good info about all of this and seeing other peoples points.

off the topic a bit but has any one been to any third world countries?
I've been to Thailand and u should have seen the locals on those lil motorbikes with three kids (including infants) and no helmets not indicating when changing lanes.

Thats a second world country ;) 3rd world is like Ethiopia. Ive seen a family of 5 many times on them mopeds in Bali.

second/third same thing but my point is...

actually i dont have a point

im glad im in SA where we can get our L's when were 16, have them for 6 months, do 50 hours of driving and then drive as many people as we want!

but those rules are stupid, instead of having 1 car full of yobbos hanging out the windows you'll have 2 or 3 racing each other! plus there will be more people drink driving because they cant get a lift with a mate!

and i guess we have established that cassa was one of the tossers that ruin it for everyone, 140 in a 60 zone, im about o get my P's and i would never be that stupid!

haha i have been to bali and vietnam. the record i seen was 2 adults 3 kids and a baby on ONE step through scooter. why should that be legal? lol

i see both sides of this arguement however having my Ps myself i will add that most black licence drivers ride my arse even when im doing 20 over. neally everyone speeds, most are dickheads. both black and P plate drivers do it. i hate it when people say to me i have had 10years + behind the wheel so i have more control when im speeding. when i know for a fact they cant drive for shit

im glad im in SA where we can get our L's when were 16, have them for 6 months, do 50 hours of driving and then drive as many people as we want!
mate your lucky up here (qld)we get our Ls at 16 and have for 1 year and 100hours driving, an no v8s, supercharged, turboed or anythin over 200kw till were 21 exept for turbo diesels so looks like more people are goin 2 do a bit more 4x4in :)

yea here in vic, its 120 hours for ya L's at 16, (can drive anything on ur L's) then its on to the over governed P's until were 21

yeah, as far as i no theres no restrictions on engine size in SA, but correct me if im wrong!

yeh same allowed anythin on ur Ls, we gotta turbo soarer that ill be drivin for my Ls :p thats if my parents let me

yet people just coming into the scene who havent even had a chance to prove there skills
are held back by people like governement and adults
honestly
to be 19 and not make ur own decisions
thats fucked

That’s the funniest thing I have read in a while, even on the internet:eek: :D

You answered your own question/statement right there. Your complaining about not being able to do as you please (ie: no restrictions) but yet you haven’t proved your skill (not that many P platers have any skill to start off with). I don’t know any adults that hold 18+ year olds (yourself and your peers) back unless your a mummys/daddys boy needing there approval? The government have always applied new laws to younger generations and each generation didn’t like it (at the time). In the end you will be able to see there is some method to their so called madness (I did say some).

I got my licence 6 years ago back when you could drive anything with rego even if it was a blown 350 Ute - to a Porsche GT2 turbo. My first car (that I owned) was a Nissan GTiR turbo awd pocket rocket. It led to me doing some stupid things and in retrospect im very lucky some of the silly stuff I did didn’t get myself or anyone else hurt or killed.

Don’t think that I was being dumb and stupid everywhere but the difference in my driving from now and then is night and day so if something had of happened when I was "pushing it" I wouldn’t of had half the chance I do now at saving it (and today I wouldn’t do half the stuff I did back then because I know better!)

In the end all you teens need to suck it up and except that for 3 years you have to follow some extra rules. Remember driving is a privilege not a RIGHT. To earn that right YOU need to prove that your worthy of that right ;)

In saying all this dont think that im saying everyone who holds a full licence can drive well - cause alot cant... Also dont think i dont enjoy cars, being with mates etc - cause i do (im a big hoon at heart). Its just after you have seen mate die, done stupid shit yourself and thrown a few more years under your belt things can be viewed in a different light:cool:

Parents with young kids shouldnt be too badly affected, I may be wrong but arnt the passenger restrictions only for middle of the night driving. Not too many mums will be driving around at 3am with kids in the back.

hahahaha..when all you affected p-platers grow up and see the world through clear eyes you will see that the laws are a good part of why you lived through you p-plate stage.If I was still a kid I'd probably be pissed too,but having the wisdom that only comes with age and experience I wish that law was around when we started out,at least 5 guys I knew would still be alive today!!!
The law will go ahead regardless of how much you protest,nothing will change that so deal with it.

Last edited:
all i have to say is hahahahahahaha in my day there was none of this, so it's your fault for being young lol & not getting your licence bfore all these gay "try" to save lives laws.. :D :D

Ok i got my licence before all the new stuff came in. Im a few weeks of 24yo, went through the time on my Ls driving a 85 camira with all my mates onbord and my Ps driving a 76 HJ monaro with a 5L V8. Ive street raced, drifted and dragedi only had one accedent (Tboned by a old biddy doin 80 in a 60) never got booked and NEVER went over the limit in town. You all might think im a wanker but the thing is i got away with what i done because i never went beond my skills, kicked my mates out if they got too rowdy and always kept my head. Its not the laws that need changing, its the attitude of young people in cars. I dont condone illegle activitys but i dont blame them for the road toll either. So all you young people, dont think your bullet proof and get yourself killed and we wont have new b/s law comin in

Latest posts

Back