daytona 125 not going into neutral?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duongyy

Reaction score
hey guys
i have a 08 motovert pro which is about 11 months old now and it runs with bp ultimate fuel and its using fuchs silkolene 10w40 oil, oil filter and oil is relatively new, stock "LG" spark plug :S, engine is fully run in but i THINK there might be a tiny lilttle air leak from the cam chain roller bolt so yeah..
okay so heres the real problem.. wen ever i go out riding for lets say.. 20minutes? i come back and wen im at the garage trying to get the bike into neutral so i can get off n roll it around while the engine is still running but shes not really wanting to get into neutral :S
when im riding the bike it changes gears nice n smooth and runs well without any funny noises or difficulty in changing gear. wen ive stopped completely i try to change into neutral it goes to either first or 2nd gear n it feels much harder to push the gear lever down or up..
i try rolling backwards n forwards to click it into neutral but that didnt really work after a minute of trying..
can any of u guys help me?
sorry if i bored u with all that stuff i just wrote but i dont want ppl complaining that i havent told them anything about my bike or anything...

mike.

this happen 2 a mates 110....play around with adjusting the clutch cable....
if not just kill switch in 1st then when the engine is dead go to neutral, its much easier when the engine isn't running.

wasnt he saying he cant get into nutral once its dead?
or is it while its still running you can get it back ?

maybe when your stopping, click it to neutral while your still rolling or something.

thanks for the info guys
and BigM its hard to change into neutral wen the engine is running, easy when the bike is off.

Last edited:
HOT DAM!

howd u loose the cam chain roller bolt?
u could used a stainless bolt as a replacement..(10 or 8mm i think) use a waster too and make it tight!

BUT

with out the cam chain roller bike holdin the roller in place, the roller can travel so far up and down the cylinder FREELY.
its probly not a good idea to run with it loose, but cant see it being too much of a problem.

BUT

relocating the cam roller WITHOUT tearing down the head and cylinder will be a difficult task, if you have the hands of a surgeon, lots of patients adequate lighting and the right tool u many just get it.

BUT

like a said tearing down the cylinder and head is alternative.

So that Daytona motor has been going well for you mate. How many riding hours would you say it had done?
Ride on.

Latest posts

Back