Daytona 150 oil leak

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAGER

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a small oil leak from my Daytona 150. I've attached a pic to show where it's leaking. What is this screw? Does any one know if this is a common problem?

Thanks
guys

Attachments

• SANY0064.jpg
    SANY0064.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 46
wheres the rubber bung thats suppose to be in there mate... usually either a steel bracket holds it in or the magneto cover...

Lol sean yeah were is it that doesn't look right at all?
:S

isnt that screw for the gear box.. plus there shld be a big black rubber seal over it.

yeahhhh you need that bung coz behind that is all the **** for the gears

The Magneto cover covers it all, it's just been removed for the picture...

theres suppose to be a rubber bung in that hole mate... i doubt the magneto cover would seal that...

does it have a rubber bung like this? it may or may not have a wire coming out of it..
images

kinda like that,, more of a cap that goes in there. with out wires

they have the bung it would have fallen out somewhere along the line
they dont sit in right cause of the hex head bolt
i replaced mine with one like in mats pic has a deeper hole for the bolt to sit in

Thanks heaps guys!

I've looked at a few picture of the engine and they all seem to have a rubber bung sealing the hole. Mine has never had one even from new...I'll be getting one asap.

just in case you didnt understand you need a rubber bung!

haha this thread amused me

also its normal to have like a drop of oil in that place when you take out the rubber bung

I have had the same problem, the rubber was hopping out, so I fixed the rubber with an extra screw, then it started to leak oil from the cylinder gasket, so I put some extra filling around the gasket and then I blow up both the blocks. I have teared the engine apart but still don't know what caused the problem, the only damaged thing I have found are the blocks, my best guess would be that an inner crack around the crank in the block causing some overpressure.

Hope it's just the rubber for you.

Latest posts

Back