Daytona 150E 4 valve engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a stock daytona 150 in action, it has daytona's pe28 on it, 110main.40 pilot. enjoy.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cy6Z5NzVW9I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cy6Z5NzVW9I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sure does look like it goes alright. Would like to see the worked YX straight up against it on the same track. Reckon that will kill it. Just a bit too expensive for your average Joe. We don't have enough races down here to justify spending that sort of coin.

There is bulk people using daytona 150s. yes they cost more as everyone one says, but they main reason people use them are either cos class CC's sizes and they don't go bang!

And the reason they dont come out stock with PE28mm carbys is because people are cheap and dont want to pay the extra coin, but motovert does allow you to option it with one..

have had my pre released Daytona 150 now for over a year with that many hard racing hours on the tar it not funny

he he he tar hours is nothing compared to dirt

you should know better than that

i havn't seen one one last that long on dirt (unless the dude rides like a girl)

still in that video that guy wasn't using all of what the 150 could give him so why bother

again i'm happy with my lifan

love to see a bolt on turbo kit make life easy as it increase power more drastically 20% or so and less expense then shaving porting and so on

Dirts hours are harder then tard hours? hmm
Sounds like some people don't know how to ride if they cant get many hours on them, never had any of ours or customers failed,

Never said you wasn't happy with your lifan, they are fine motors.
Each to there own on motor choice but im here to tell people what i know and seen about any parts and try guide them to the product to best suit them

ough man

i'm not nessecarily bagging the daychina but in my opinion a motocross riden engine will work alot harder and encounters alot more punishment than what a motord bike does
with less traction and much higher rpm because of this, jumping pushes g/box's a lot harder
the only similarity between the 2 is compression braking and that might be where you win for that matter again a traction thing

now i've seen yx motors do lap after lap on bitchy and yx motors last 2 hours on dirt

and the main issue i do have with the daychina is it's 3 times the price of my engine, the oil pumps are rubbish and parts are harder to get (especially for the 125)

We have went through at least 12 yx engines in the last year. The daytona 150 stock makes the same power as a yx160 with v2 roller head. Sam has 2 practice bikes both with yx engines, one tore out second gear 2 days ago, lasted about 3 laps, thats the daytona/yx difference. DaytonA still running strong.

parts aint really that much of a issue for them, yer they not as easy as the other motors but all the main parts eg, pistons rings barrels valves can be source in aus and over sea's easy.

yer but i do agree with you on the dirt they are many forcer's, both are teasing tolls on the motors.
When u talking about the oil pumps, im assuming your meaning 125? yer they were fast 125ccs but they old as now new 150 don't have any such issues

Yer they are cost more, but when everyone i kno that got one now 90% of them had lifans, gpx, yx. and all had gear box issues and so on, and when they seen us at our club flogging up on stock 150s at the time they all bought a new daytona. there were having to spend about the same money to keep and but then they keep blowin up, and all swaped motors and never complained once.

tho there nothing wrong with a cheaper motor, people love them and if u treat them right they will last forever

yeah

everyone has seen yx motor's lunch real quick big deal

my lifan is 18 months old i did second gear after six months cost me very little

i did piston and rings a couple of months back cheap

i ride 3hrs a week give or take and i give the thing a real hard time

i have little need for stupid power like what the v2 head will give a 160 hell i can have just as much fun riding my 90 around.

and corey i have seen the oil pumps go in the daychina 150's

hmm the daychina motor may be good for people that are serious about our sport but for the dumb ass dude's that are to tight and all they fork out for is a pitpro there not gunna buy these things

yeah
hmm the daychina motor may be good for people that are serious about our sport but for the dumb ass dude's that are to tight and all they fork out for is a pitpro there not gunna buy these things

Yer that why the cheaper motors are good and they sell so easy,

Im not saying u hasn't seen a oil pump go, im just stating the facts i know, if i went off what every one says then there 10,000 people in my town that has a bike 'just like mine'

We have went through at least 12 yx engines in the last year. The daytona 150 stock makes the same power as a yx160 with v2 roller head. Sam has 2 practice bikes both with yx engines, one tore out second gear 2 days ago, lasted about 3 laps, thats the daytona/yx difference. DaytonA still running strong.

nyg7kbp5.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

he he he tar hours is nothing compared to dirt

you should know better than that

i havn't seen one one last that long on dirt (unless the dude rides like a girl)

still in that video that guy wasn't using all of what the 150 could give him so why bother

again i'm happy with my lifan

yeah jumping on dirt is harsh .
what about tar landings?
there never as big but trations high
theres a small dirt jump to tar landing at archy

Number #1 Homo-leader coollee.... you've ridden pretty much everything... How does the Lifan 150 compare in STOCK form, power-wise with a 155z or YX150/160... Curious for the Dez Mini build...
Keeping in mind mods will be limited to the basic bolt-on stuff (ORK, cam, OKO, pipe, plus my usual blueprinting, port matching etc) i'm not overly fussed with V2 heads, big bore kits etc etc, in your opinion the Lifan 150 will be a good weapon of choice for the new project??
From everything i'm reading, sounds like the Lifan 150 is still a reasonable performer, without the gearbox issues... i know my way round a Lifan, and i figure if the motor in the Bling-40 can hold up for over a year in it's highly strung tune, without so much as a grind from the kickstarter, then if the 150 is just a 140 with a bigger hole in it, it'll definately be the FTW motor...

I have had my YX140 for 2 years and have spent 0 on it. Zip nadda nothing and it has been trail ridden which IMO works the motor even harder than MX over a much longer period of time. Never had a problem, never skipped a beat. I have seen a factory floor covered in lifans for return.

My point is, I think everyone has had different experiences with motors and seen different results.

And for not needing the power? The average punter wouldn't but I know plenty of guys that ride these things to the fullest extent. That extra power is quiet handy in the bush on 2km sheer vertical hills and rock ledges but also on longer MX tracks. If your a good rider you will use every spec of HP.

yeah thump

for the riding you want to do the lifan will be the best it's a very torquey motor and has great mid range and still has heaps of pull up high
where as i find the yx has to be riden in the top end before it rips your arms off which takes the user freindly aspect out of your bike the 160 yx is a little torquier than the yx 150 but still rathers the top end. mind you there a whole heap of fun on some tracks.

the daychina 150 is torquey off the bottom has similar mid range to the lifan but shines up top it just keeps reving up more and more until it explodes also good fun

vert the yx 140 is a good motor but the differance between then and any 150 is huge

Cheers coolee, sounds like the choice is easy then... Plus it sticks with my theory of building something other than what everyone else is doing...
Daychina sounds alright, but too pricey...
Lifan it is. Nothing like a bit of brand loyalty, and i dont like rattly, so no soup for you YX150/160...
:D

Latest posts

Back