Daytona 150E 4 valve engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer man, i saw that the other day too. pretty hefty price... but i think the 4 valve (kit) by it self it 3k soo it pritty good deal, its twin cam.... same principle as normal pritty much i would think, but with 2 cams 2 intake 2 exhaust. but hey im no motor mechanic, in sure theres someone that wants to explane?

it runs a dual over head cam system(2 cams) with 2 intake valves and 2 exhaust valves.
each cam opperate's 1 set of valves

ah yeh i see, so I'm guessing bottom end power on this thing would be near doubled compared to a normal 150, but top end would roughly be the same?

lol too true, that thing must hammer! I'm fairly new to pit bikes and was just amazed at how much people spend, or should i say CAN spend on there little chinas

dosent daytona run same studs???

im sure you could use it...

but mainly i just showed the link it shows that the engine itself aint a bad price when a similar kit costs more

Ha damb thats EXPENSIVE!

Who would have that much to spend on just the ENGINE...Richies :D haha

One sweet looking and performing engine though...Lets win the Lotto!

see in that last link...."69mm Aluminum Cylinder Head w/ Ceramic Coating"
surely that is the height of the barrel, because iv seen everyone say they run the same bore stud spacing as the lifan's

ENGINE SPEC Daytona "T-Rex" 150cc – 2v SOHC
Bore x Stroke 57 X 58,7
Max power on rear wheel 18,5 hk
Cylinder head SOHC
Cylinder Aluminum ceramic coated
Valves Exhaust 23,5 mm / Inlet 28 mm
Start Kick Start
Clutch "Secondary" 5 disc, manuel clutch
Gear box 4-gears (N-1-2-3-4)
Ignition Daytona lite weight Rotor Kit, Digital CDI 4 adjustable curves.

and isnt the 150E and the 150 t rex the same engine..just one is twin cam (E)

for anyone interested, check here for some pdf files with exploded views of the engine
Pitbike - Reservdelar & manualer

that 4 valve engine dominated vegas minimoto last year. seen dyno charts around 22hp.

Max power on rear wheel 18,5 hk ... The hk stands for ... handonkokki ...

When it comes to spending over $5000 on a motor alone to get 22HP or hk ... then having to put up with all the associated weaknesses including frame , wheel , suspension etc problems ... I'd say THIS guy has the right idea ! ... A bike that can beat 85 cc 2 strokes ... Now remember how the 2 stroke cycle works (for those people who did poorly at maths ... and 2 stroke cheaters) ... ie 85 cc every 2 strokes = 170 cc every 4 strokes ... 85/2 = 170/4 ... 150/4 = 75/2 ...

CRF150R 12/14 totally tricked out - Planet Minis

Last edited:
yeah i dont know wtf thats there for...usually its PS as the rating.. but even at that they should be rating the torque

i see the daytona recomends a genuine pe 28 Keihin carby so why the **** do motovert put crappy mukuni vm24 carbys with the daytona 150

Max power on rear wheel 18,5 hk ... The hk stands for ... handonkokki ...

When it comes to spending over $5000 on a motor alone to get 22HP or hk ... then having to put up with all the associated weaknesses including frame , wheel , suspension etc problems ... I'd say THIS guy has the right idea ! ... A bike that can beat 85 cc 2 strokes ... Now remember how the 2 stroke cycle works (for those people who did poorly at maths ... and 2 stroke cheaters) ... ie 85 cc every 2 strokes = 170 cc every 4 strokes ... 85/2 = 170/4 ... 150/4 = 75/2 ...

CRF150R 12/14 totally tricked out - Planet Minis

Yep, siktendenciesracing...they've got the Idea!

That thing would FLOG! But cant really classify it as a Midsize in my eyes...would be hell fun though :D

Latest posts

Back