Daytona 150E running headlights?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
So I have a headlight for my bike and am trying to wire it up but not real sure how to. Here is a wiring diagram of my engine on page 19.
http://daytona-global.com/products/pdf/84346.pdf

I have all the wires there, the yellow is obviously the charge wire, but what I need to have two wires go in to my regulator and two wires come (+ -). So do I just run a earth wire into the regulator. There was a light green wire which pulled out of the side case which I don't think was attached to anything and I'm not sure if it was supposed to be or not? the wiring diagram doesn't show it attaching it to anything either.

Thanks for any help.

with it only having a 1 wire lighting coil, use the bottom diagram in the link above,
you will need to get a 2 wire voltage regulator, like what most Yamaha's 12V systems run.

it's the same setup i need to change to, for my adjustable outer rotor setup i just fitted to my Atomik Fuse

the light green wire is for the start in neutral only bikes.
it can be left disconnected.

Ok then thanks for that, sounds simple enough.

With that green wire though, my bike will only start in neutral with the clutch out, so if I was to rig up this green wire (however it is supposed to be done) would that allow me to start in any gear?

Last edited:
ok, finally got some time to work on my pitty this weekend, just tested the voltage coming out or that yellow wire, by sticking one end of the multimetre on the yellow wire and the other end on an earth. However I did not get a reading.

What does this mean? Is the coil winding not working?

Edit: I also checked for continuity and it was fine, did not check resistance though.

did you set your multimeter to AC to check for the voltage ?

i'm pretty sure you wont get a DC reading when checking AC power, but i could be wrong ?

my Fuse, that has the 1 wire lighting coil, outer rotor setup, isn't here to compare, i'll hopefully bring it back soon

Latest posts

Back