Daytona/155z Head

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know there is somewhere on here where someone states that you cant

and as sean daytona run crf stud pattern and 155z is klx stud pattern so it wont fit

Guys, check out my new motor for 2010. i will be taking this T-Rex to vegas with me giving me the best opportunity to win races. Cant wait to face up to all the guys this year on this motor. this thing is way faster than my old 160V2 combo I had last year.

this should help your decision.

the Takegawa +R head will fit the daytona.

this is quoted from HACKMUNCH

well i know its been awhile but with all these damn engine combos we have been trying, we finally we able to find time to work with the takegawa+r head. I laughed the other day while reading through planetclassifieds and someone asked about this combo and BBR said NO. It really was a straight foward install, had to run a 86 link cam chain instead of the 88 that comes standard on the daytona 150. remember the takegawa +r head we are using is designed for for a lifan engine which uses a 32t cam sprocket but the daytona uses a 28t so thats why the shorter cam chain is needed. a good quality jap 86 link cam chain is right around 12$ so its no biggie. we had 1st tried it with the TB 167 gig but due to the 1mm taller jug i could not get the 86 link cam chain to work and the 88 link was way to sloppy. if we had more time we would just cut down the heigth on the 167 cylinder 1mm and things would work out perfect. soooo we decided to give the stock 150 cylinder a try with the daytona HC piston. everything went together like planned, clayed the setup, everything cleared but craig and i felt the intake was a tad to close and with the tiny 4.5mm stem 30mm intake valve, just a little tap will bend the shit out of those things. we decided to add another stock daytona base gasket and finish assembly. so the final combo was the stock 150 jug, daytona HC piston, takegawa +r with s35 decomp cam, stock daytona intake and pe28 carb. the s35 decomp cam is similar to the klx version but i feel has a better slide mechanism and seems to work much smoother. the bike is so easy to kick you can start it with your hand so wee added some oil and the bike fired on the 2nd kick. one thing i noticed is that the valve train is so quite and seems to run very smooth. engine revs quick as hell and sounds impressive. it's gonna be a rev monster for sure, sam is gonna test it sat at ramjams and see how it compares to the other combos. unfortunatly its coming right back apart tuesday for the 4v dohc

takegawadaytonahead.jpg

yeah but they do minimal power to a daytona as the daytona already comes with a really good 4 stage ignition just like the cf posh 4 stage.

one day all you guys are going to have to admit that daytona's are better. and that day will be soon when i decide to post a vid of my fully worked daytona.

MY thoughts behind this is to put a Daytona head on the 155 and also put the Daytona ignition and rotor kit on as well. but if it can't be done then I'll just get the Daytona seeing as DHZ have them out for $1080

yeah but they do minimal power to a daytona as the daytona already comes with a really good 4 stage ignition just like the cf posh 4 stage.

one day all you guys are going to have to admit that daytona's are better. and that day will be soon when i decide to post a vid of my fully worked daytona.

so wats better about them... cant be the fukn price man...
they still break sht just like any other..
and upgrades are expensive too..

so ill keep with my YX/zongers untill they change the price of them to wat they should be...

and from reading a quote from above or somewhere..

a decent 160 with a v2 and all the fruit would smoke a daytona 150

Not saying there not better.............

Jus saying course a $4500 Dohc 150 is gonna beat a $800 150v2..

until mine blows up i "may" look into one.. , i would rather put me money towards a kwaka 110 tho with the custom mounts

Im sorrry 160v2..

Last edited:
so wats better about them... cant be the fukn price man...
they still break sht just like any other..
and upgrades are expensive too..

so ill keep with my YX/zongers untill they change the price of them to wat they should be...

and from reading a quote from above or somewhere..

a decent 160 with a v2 and all the fruit would smoke a daytona 150

well the daytona 150 is $1080 and a yx160 is $699 and v2 is $670

so thats:

daytona = $1080

yx 160 = $1369

so now what is more expensive.

Im glad i never payed them prices

And yes talkn the Dohc here....

If a stock daytona is alot faster then a 160v2 then wtf do they have hidden in them engines..... nothing special so..

oh ok you mean the DOHC. well yeah i can understand the disincentive because of the price.

you could have a spare bike in the garage for that price. needless to say i will be getting one in the not to distant future to put on my daytona 160

Shit daytona is getting cheaper and cheap in aus aint it....

Yanks could be buying from here rather then in u.s ...

Guy is trying to sell one for $1200 Us over **there*, what the hell are there shops charging

Last edited:
v2 is $670

where are you buying your v2 heads from mate cos you have been rorted something cronik

i thought dhz was expensive at 580 with the head and piston

if you buy direct from tboltusa you can get the head and piston delivered for much cheaper

v2 head is 369 US http://www.tboltusa.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=642{10}31{3}133{9}18{15}125{25}131&osCsid=9fd850d12438b096b6f6eebacb3d2e3c
international shipping which is 35 International Flat Rate Shipping - Medium Box - GARAGE SALE - International Flat Rate Shipping - Medium Box - TBolt USA, LLC

which gives you a total of 404 US

which then equates to $433.157 AUS

XE.com: USD to AUD rate: 404.00 USD = 433.232 AUD

Latest posts

Back