daytona 190 or 184z

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d1_drifter

Reaction score
hey guys, got a postie with a pitsterpro 155z in it, am after more power, no sure if to get a big bore kit (64mm barrel, v2 head, s25 cam, hi comp piston, 28mm carb) or the daytona 190 witch is 2x the price, motor has done about 250ks of limter bashing so say its geting on abit now an not sure another say 4/5 hp would b any good on the bottom end, just dont wanna go out and get the cheeper option an have it blow up on me an be down 600+ for a motor an posibley another kit, tho the 190 is built for the power it produces in stock form so would b more realible right? so what im saying is im really looking for realible hp for the lowest cost, any advice would b appreacated.

all the daytonas i've seen have split cases with only a couple of hours, think the problem is having no decomp on a big bored engine.
bigboaring these engines does put alot more stress on them, v2 is pretty good by itself
i have the 184 tb kit 160ho been good for me racing and riding all year

i think it would be cheaper just to go the 184 and check the gearbox on your current engine

Last edited:
Either way you go, but if you do go the 190f wait until the revised engine comes out with de-compression option revised gear ratios and strengthened cases which is around feb or march from what i have heard from the italian distributor of daytonas, MB Factory. With your 155z the 184 kit will only take it to 177cc due to the crank. And the kit does reduce the reliability of the bottom end over time with the extra stress but you still get a heap of hours out of it if it is maintained well.

Man I can see this thread getting a lot of hits,

Personally I think the daytona is the better option but will need to be looked after like a baby.

Once the Daytona is developed a bit more and companys such as BBR and TB get into them the parts and power will be insane.
For a fool proof option in the postie the 177 with auto decomp is the way to go.

I would go for a daytona anima for sure.

There is no problem getting a bigbore kit for your dt 190 4v. Either pitsterpro in usa or Firepowerminis have/will have those kits.

Last edited:
im tossing up these options atm,
i have several 150, 155 and yx160ho engines i can play with if i buy a tb 184 v2 full kit
but for not much more i can install a pre packaged beast with room to grow.

whats the current cheapest people have seen these 190's with decomp for?

if there are still teething problems with the cases/ gearboxes and clutches it might be worth waiting.

as always your opinions and feedback are appreciated, thanks in advance

i am doing a similar build, but if i have the cash it will be in a motovert rx..
i know some people with heaps of hours on a 184 +the bottom end.. its a pretty cheap fix if the gearbox goes... and can be done pretty quickly if you have done it before..

i will maybe wait untill the anima gets a little older to see how the rods hold up for high rpm cruzing and things like that but the only real advantage is the gearbox teeth and maybe the shift forks will last longer also?

You wont be dissapointed :) What carb are you gonna run with? From memeory if it's the one in the kit i believe it's a OKO28? I told em to keep it with mine and got it upgraded to the keihin, just going from what everyone said.

Edit: Just reread the invoice, guess you getting the OKO :)

i cant wait, linkage, adjustable front shockys, dnm rear shock, 14/17" setup and this baby powering it should make for some top fun :).

now just to rope the one armed bandit "mick" into helping me install this "while i move house none the less" lol

you will wonder why you never did this before while mick installs the motor for you :p

i was tossing up with the 190 but i have a 155 a yx 150 and a yx 160, most the parts i take off my 5 hour use yx160 bike will go straight onto the yx150.

thus making all 3 have good power and fresh rebuilds.
and if one were to blow up, its the 190 to replace

Im a willing partner in crime, I dont need roping in lol. Will get to take it for a strap also. Time for the 150 4v anima in my bike after I see my v2 hi comp 155z against the 184 for comparison lol.

Picture shows a pe28, it better be a pe, we dont want a junkie oko for this kit.;)

$922 smacharoons!! geez for a couple hundred you get alot better motor and better relability i know what i have done!

I have to agree with styv the power and sound that comes out of the 4valve is sexy as but its more like another $500 really, engine $1300 and you wouldn't really run it with anything but a keihin carb $200. So at the end of the day you are gonna have a blast with the extra power mate well done and having a bloke like Mick on hand to help out is a massive bonus.
How come your choosing to run a 14/17 setup, I'm just wondering?
Like you said if it all turns to **** the 190 option is always there, best of luck with it mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
yea the 190 is always there but he would be down $922 unfortuantly so now its turned out to be a $2422 disaster!!!

Latest posts

Back