Daytona 190FDX Dyno comparison PE28, Scalvini etc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
[video=youtube;9k50JsnuZ18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k50JsnuZ18[/video]

First dyno run was a standard 190 with PE28, 16.79hp @ 8933 rpm's, maximum torque 13.729 Nm @ 7101 rpm's

Then they fitted a scalvini system to it and ran it again, these reading's below are from the dyno graph near the end of the video

Red - 28mm carby 18.9hp @ 9111 rpm's, maximum torque- 15.5 Nm @ 8001 rpm's
Green- 34mm carby 19.2hp @ 9309 rpm's, maximum torque- 15.7 Nm @ 7745rpm's

Violet- power at the crank 25.39hp @ 9211 rpm's, maximum torque 20.62 Nm @ 8030 rpm's

I convereted their kg/m to Nm ^ to make it easier to work out

p.s. i need a motard rear wheel so i can take my bike up to the dyno that did my car !

Last edited:
So from that the 190 really prefers te 34mm carb, it made more torque, at lower rpm than the 28mm, and more more power. Time for you to get a bigger carb craig :) there is a dyno shop 20 minutes from me, I don't know if he does bikes though, I might have to do a dyno comparison between the tb an taki heads in a couple of months if he does.
I put some petty money in your acc to :)

Yeah but the 34mm is peak hp at wot,
you'd only want that if you were doing a land speed record attempt at Lake Gairdner

images

Speedweek-2013_Ninja-2.jpg

Which remind's me, i have a mate that's in a pit crew for a bike up there every year.
Hmmm, world's fastest Anima ??!!!?? ;)

Depends on the style of riding I guess, if I get hold of a 190 again I am def trying a 33mm pwk on it. You should find a really light frame, and hook up the 190 in it as a bare bones speed machine. Wonder what it could pull....I remember mine geared out fairly high hit 135/140 but I had to absolutely ring its neck, I never revved it that hard again in top gear.

I put some petty money in your acc to :)
You didn't need to do that.

The dyno i had my XR on last cost $50 for a power run, they mentioned that they dyno'd a pit bike 2 week's earlier too, iirc it was a 125 and made 8hp.
I wonder if we could get enough people interested, we might be able to have a Minirider's dyno day here in SA ?

I have about a day's work left to do on the PW now, then i have to suss out the Braaap and check over the trailer and car.
Looking forward to meeting you and the family, and having a ride too.
Look's like the weather should be ok, bit of rain forecast for up there wed, thur's and fri then overcast and 20° saturday, 18° on sunday
Not sure if we'll head up friday and get there about 6 - 6.30pm, or early saturday morning and arrive about 9 - 9.30am

She is all good mate :)
Dyno day sounds like a really good idea, surely we can get enough interested.
Im going to put the psto back together today, will be interesting to see how the back end feels now.
The weather has been awesome the last few days so hopefully we get the same next weekend. Im keen as, so are the boys, it will be a good weekend.

fatter torque down low , you would need 100mm extra swing arm to stop the thing from lifting front. plenty of torque from a stocker PE 28 and 12 inch rear even with 17/35 gearing . maybe useful with a 14/17 set up

Latest posts

Back