Daytona Engines

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb110

Reaction score
just wondering about the daytona engines

do they go hard?
but are they reliable?

i saw sam wenham's motard bike and kidna liked the look of the differnt shaped engine and shit and was wondering how they go? do they put out the number and hammer?

id really appreciate it if sam you could give me your thoughts on how they run?
also anyone else with a daytona give me your thoughts =)

cheers boys =)

I saw them on a Ozzi web site and they not there anymore... and i think i know why. ,as I've seen on planetmini's the guys on there believe its a china based motor because the gear ratios dont match there catalogue parts.

I like the name behind he motor , but im worried its just a overpriced china motor myself.

Yeah they're china based according to what I've read. They're $2000 for a 115cc.

I wouldnt buy one.

i posted up a link about them like last week.

do you want me to post the link up again eichkay?

Made in JAPAN.....they crank
dunno if you have notice but everything seems to be made in japan or china these days man =)

daniel40, throw up that link if youve still go it id like to see it, see what the site has to say about the engine

anyone out there got one?? how do the gear ratios go?

Does it really matter where it is MADE?

If it's a japanese design and it is made exactly the same then who cares?

I bet hondas and what not have china bits on them.

japanese engines are built better. its that simple. my zeds are 30+ years old and still runnig strong (i was riding my minitrail bout an hour ago :D). if you see a china engine runnig in 30 years let us all know :D. however some chinese products are getting better and better quaility. even some japanese brand bikes are made in china this day and age such as the ttr50.

Does it really matter where it is MADE?

If it's a japanese design and it is made exactly the same then who cares?

I bet hondas and what not have china bits on them.

The engines out of china have much lower material tolerances and are heat treated very badly, this makes everything very weak.

It may be similar design but deffinately lower quality which is partly why they're alot cheaper.

You replace almost everything except the bulletproof engine on a crf50, even if you ride a stock crf50 its way better quality than anything out of china.

My friends 1970 Z50 (minitrail) Honda engine is still running perfectly after 37 years, my two china engines failed to last more than 6 months.

japanese engines are built better. its that simple. my zeds are 30+ years old and still runnig strong (i was riding my minitrail bout an hour ago ). if you see a china engine runnig in 30 years let us all know . however some chinese products are getting better and better quaility. even some japanese brand bikes are made in china this day and age such as the ttr50.

Yeah I rekon honda or whatever would still have the engines, frames, suspension etc made in japan but the smaller stuff like throttles, controls and stuff like that could be made in china..

and RM85's are made in china land aswell. Daytona are originally a japanese based manufacturing performance engine component company but have started transfering much of the manufacturing over to china ( to lower costs and sales prices) such as that 115cc motor ,apparently all there products next year will be made in China but to the same quality standards

see everythings made in bloody china... :confused: why cant we have some of our own stuff? :p

how come some stuff from china is strong and then other shit is just shit :p why cant all the stuff be strong, but i spose the more you pay the better you get, but the daytona engines seem to be alright, i dunno

but i do agree that the crf 50 engine you wont really kill :p might get one of them :p

the daytonas were originally made in japan but they have now started mas producing them in china as i believe motovert bought the copy right to put the 125cc engines in their 08 model bikes.

my 115cc engine for motard goes hard, i have a tacho and have had it to 12000 rpm, it could probly go to 13000.

its an engine that can handle the power where as ive seen people make the lifans etc go fast but they just blow gearboxs and clutches and gaskets etc.

it beats all 140cc engines including the 140cc motovert outlaw engine.

u do get what u pay for is my opinion

cheers

Latest posts

Back