Decent Ignition Coil / Spark Plug leads

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
Well I've hot 2 mini bikes just wondering if coils/make that much difference. Both will be running pitster 160ho with a bbk.

Do performance coils make much of a difference also what about Irridium spark plugs?
Will bike require a retune after these mods.

I just want to know if I'm spending $100ish per bike it's money well spent.

What do u guys run?

i have a china Performance coil, it gives a bigger spark than the standard coil.
i also run a Splitfire lead, which helps by keeping the spark at it's biggest, they have a capacitor built into the spacer on the lead that stores the energy and releases it at it's peak.
you can certainly hear/see the difference in the spark intensity too
and i run an NGK Irridium Spark Plug too, CR7HIX
those 3 parts cost me under $35 for the lot delivered.

a lot of engines will need a retune after upgrading your ignition coil,lead and plug

a lot of engines will need a retune after upgrading your ignition coil,lead and plug

yeh, my 125 needed the mixture richened slightly, after putting on my china splitfire lead, but there was a definate improvement in performance, it was a worthwhile mod IMO

I thought CR7HIX was the one I would be needing?

That coil would be fine though?

I thought CR7HIX was the one I would be needing?

That coil would be fine though?

i think your right on the plug, lol im a tad tired..
as for the coil i would not be too sure, i've never used a chinese performance coils, although a few members on here have used performance coils from takegawa, chp, etc, and they have said they are a big improvement from stock. heres a link for a cr7hix lol
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NGK-Irid..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3690fc26&_uhb=1

Latest posts

Back