decent supermotard wheels

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, those are the ones I brought.. They seem alright, I haven't ridden on them yet..

Hi atomic boy
I wouldnt get those tyres (to expensive for what they are), I dont belive they are that good and I think some of us may have other tyres that you could have cheeper that are just as good to use as a start point. I think you would be better off saving a bit more and when you spend your money on tyres getting some tt92's.

Tina

tt92 photos :)

11022009.jpg

tt92rx2.jpg

tt92rx1.jpg

Atomik boy, you have posted this question a lot, "which motard tyres to get?" and everyone has said save your money for some tt92's... That is the best thing to do... I was stupid and brought eBay tyres and rims and now regret that... I'm sure others have had problems with cheap tyres as well and that's why they are telling you to get tt92's, from experience. The tyres you have posted are the same Yamoto were selling at one stage and said they not to buy them, they will only last 1 or 2 meets. Also before you go spend $500+ on a set of rims and tyres, I strongly recommend coming out to Archy for a couple of practice days.. It is only 20 bucks and it will give you some track time to see if you like the sport, I remember 2 young blokes going out to Archy for a ride, had just gotten some bikes off eBay for chrissy, I think it was and they didn't like the motard riding, just wasn't their thing, they were still running dirt tyres so they haven't spent any money yet, so just have a think about it mate....

And to sebsktm mate, go to "other items" and have a look at the black ones, they look heaps better and don't look cheap, personal preference though..

Atomik boy, you have posted this question a lot, "which motard tyres to get?" and everyone has said save your money for some tt92's... That is the best thing to do... I was stupid and brought eBay tyres and rims and now regret that... I'm sure others have had problems with cheap tyres as well and that's why they are telling you to get tt92's, from experience. The tyres you have posted are the same Yamoto were selling at one stage and said they not to buy them, they will only last 1 or 2 meets. Also before you go spend $500+ on a set of rims and tyres, I strongly recommend coming out to Archy for a couple of practice days.. It is only 20 bucks and it will give you some track time to see if you like the sport, I remember 2 young blokes going out to Archy for a ride, had just gotten some bikes off eBay for chrissy, I think it was and they didn't like the motard riding, just wasn't their thing, they were still running dirt tyres so they haven't spent any money yet, so just have a think about it mate....

And to sebsktm mate, go to "other items" and have a look at the black ones, they look heaps better and don't look cheap, personal preference though..

I've seen Atomik Boy riding more at Arch then you TyD........

I've seen Atomik Boy riding more at Arch then you TyD........

Cause you are never there.. Lol..

I mean like before he makes a big commitment.. I haven't ridden my tard at archy, it hasn't left my backyard tbh.

So TyD when do you plan to start riding tard ?
Will we see you at the next minitard event out in seniors ?

Tina

So TyD when do you plan to start riding tard ?
Will we see you at the next minitard event out in seniors ?

Tina

Yeah mate, I should be there... Just got to plan when I can get it fixed... I will hopefully going out in juniors as the seniors are fast and I haven't ridden yet..

Red rims...

TyD - I prefer the look of the red rims... I think even halfway decent rims should have attention drawn to them :)

I'm looking to buy a Nitrous 160 at some point and get a set of these for it once I've run it in and done some of the basic mods. In Melbourne though so you guys'll have to settle for pics.

I ride on road everyday (CBR600) and used to have a XR400 that I motarded myself, the pitty looks like a nice cheap entry into comp!

Latest posts

Back