Dellorto 35mm flat slide on 250cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantera

Reaction score
I was wondering if this carb will work on my Zongshen 250cc 4 stroke, The dellorto is from my 125cc 2 stroke go-kart engine, i have plenty jets,needles etc to get the jetting right, but is it worth having a go fitting it ?

um...give it a go if it will fit, but a two banger carb is usually a tad different to a four....

oh, and,,,\m/ rock on and RIP dimebag!!!!!!!

if you can squeeze that thing in...?? but you have to change the jetting like Headmess said!!Usually you need tinier jets overall

Yes you need a perforated emulsion tube (needle jet) and the needle tapers are also different ... Your best bet is to look at a 250 cc 4 stroke engine that runs a 35 mm carb and start off with trying the pilot and main jet sizes they are running ... Two stroke engines are actually bigger in capacity than their static cc number gives away ... that's WHY they run bigger carbs with bigger jets than a 4 stroke of the same static capacity can tolerate ... Since your carb is off a 125 two stroke and your 4 stroke is a 250 ... the jetting might possibly be close enough to work OK off the bat ... but the emulsion tube and needle taper are the things that will cause problems ... Keep us filled in on your progress and findings ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back