demon 125,first things to be done??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh just keep trying on the bids or msg the seller and ask if he can do one buy it now for you.

might be a good idea to read the motoman run in theory.

Basically in first ride let the engine warm up, then ride it hard. Giving it lots of WOT to get the pressures up and push the rings out so they will wear into position on the more abrasive (freshly honed) cylinder wall. If you search thru some threads on here you will find the article.

yeh ive seen that,ill follow it exactly and see how she runs.

As i said the backbone will hold up for a while its just a weak spot that i have seen on some bikes and a few frames bend on that exact spot. Then again not all frames have it.... if it does just be mindful, if not you should be sweet... But hey if you dont break anything you aint riding hard enough ;o) Hope it all works out for ya!

hahah yeh,ill ride it hard,whatever break my MIG will fix,cheers

definately get a new chain the chains that come on import bikes are just pethetic on my import i had to get the chain tighten 4 times before haffing to get anew 1 it was way to streched so definately get a new chain maybe an rk gold chain

um mabye new shocks if u wanna spend money for good quality one's

also do u think on an atomic ProX i should get a new chain?

yeh,im waiting on bike before i buy chain as need it to get right size,ill go for a D.I.D,and yes pro-x's have same shit chains,will need upgrading

use the chain you got with the bike you may as well get some use out of it
heres some tips for longer chain life

Set the chain tension correctly for your weight
it should have about 25 mm movement ( UP/DOWN SLACK ) while you are sitting on the bike. CAUTION bikes with a lot of suspension travel like most modern minis esspecialy those where the chain rides over the swing arm hinge point can have a much larger chain circumference when the suspension is fully extended so every time your in the air the chain is getting streched.
so you should put your bike up on a stand or some thing so the suspension can fully extend and then check it again. A little bit loose is better than too tight is a good rule of thumb especially if youve got a couple chain tensioners fitted
Use a proper chain lube and dont use too much. if your not using an Oring chain you can put you chain special chain grease bath like DUCKHAMS

cheers motodad,ill kill the first chain then do as u say for DID chain,also has anyone had any probelms with there Locin engines,people say ducars are shit and lifan's are best by far,but what about loncin??,im guessing not that great

bike came today,been great so far,got a shitload of power,havnt changed anything untill its broken in,only thing it doesnt like is if its sat at idel for a while then take off it coughs but then clears up after a fang.,anyone got any help on breakin-in the bike/????

changed the handle bars today,put some free agent BMX's on,sooooo much better,gota tune it tomro keeps coughing and spluttering throughout entire rpm range,i think its getin too much fuel

sounds like somthing could have come loose after riding it a bit, cause bikes shouldn't get out of tune after just one or two days riding, there was some good stuff in one of the posts about some one having trouble with the bike after changing the oil and then couldn't get it to start. one of them mentioned the valve adjustment(tappets i've allway called em ) there under the hex head round caps on the head, one for inlet and one for exhaust. there's a small threaded bar with a locking nut on it . I thought it was a very valid thing that was suggested to check. But before you go pulling shit apart and this goes for any of you guys reading this that dont have a great deal of mechanical experence just remember this with these bikes pretty much all having CDI ingnition theres not to many things that get out of tune. Think basics, fuel (like u said) and spark and then slowly branch out from there if you have no luck. A common thing among the china bikes is that things come loose, sometimes not tight enough from the the factory or just the thread quality is such that its just not good enough to stay tight. so unless somthing has come loose in the ingnition wiring then you just got fuel. check the mixture screw on the carbie its the resessed one normally, screw it in clockwise all the way counting the turns as you go should be about one and a quarter, to one and half maybe two. (if it in this range than take it back to where you found it) if its like three or more that it prolly come loose so set it to one and a half and the bike should run. providing you have got spark ( just get that pesky kid from next door thats always coming over now that you've got a motor bike to hang on to the end of the plug lead and you will soon know if you got spark) there's not much else which takes you back to the tappets
anyway good luck with you tune up.
motodad:cool:

yeh,just winded mixture screw out=worse screwed bak in 1/6 turn got better turned a little more and she was sweeet,just try and error nuthings wrong,it coughed and splutterd since new so it needed retuning,got through 2nd tank today,might start thrashing gettin bord

i think it was because i was playing around with idle screw too much,it was fine for ages then when i started messing with that it ran rich,eitehr way it runs good now,sometimes when i open it out from idle it will give a slight slight cough but hardly ever,thankyou very much for your help motodad43,i asssume the idle screw may have somehow griped on the mixture screw inside or some weird shit,
anyways ill run another tank through it tomro then change oil to(20w 50semi ) and spark plug to (NGK) with a quick once over on all bolts then start thrashing

lo-cou, I wonder if you'd be able to assist me..

I've got a bike just like yours, is even green and everything! BUT:-
I've had to take my demon to a mechanic (after the first day of riding) cause I've got no real mechanical knowledge myself & one of the things he advised me to change, was the spark plug, pronto.. He said that I'd most likely have to contact the manufacturer to find out exactly which spark plug I'll need for that particular bike.. (he said summin' about heat ranges have to be exact etc..)

I'm just wonderin if you know exactly what plug the Demon takes, so i can get some fo myself too :D

And I wanna add that my chain also broke, within 25 minutes of riding :D D.I.D all the way now baby!

One more thing for anyone who has a clue, just by looking at the carby of my demon, I get the impression it is really really dodgy. I mean, at least the carby on the Orion I had had a little resistance when moving the choke lever.. The demon by contrast feels like it isn't connected to anything at all.. So - Would it be worth thinking about getting a 'mikuni' carby off an Orion and stickin it on my Demon? Would it even be compatible?

Otherwise, this bike absolutely rocks & imo, is much better than the Orion i used to have a little while ago :)

Last edited:
is ur motor a loncin? i just went to moto shop and asked for a NGK plug for a loncin 125 easy $5,the DID chains are well worth the money,no need for fukn eadjusting every few rides,there about $30+ and as for the carby,i would leave it,the choke should feel loose its only a small pin,i had to fully re-tune my carby after a tankfull,for some reason starter running wayy to rich,but now its sweet,i changed the filter to a uni-filter but runs much better with stock POD.i wouldnt bother spending the money on a "mikuni" wont run any better,my demon keep up with AGB 29's piss,i got a 37t sproket but,did u buy your bike off e-business ebay???

yer, loncin motor..
got the DID chain after the first one snapped 25 mins in lol..

lo-cou said:
i just went to moto shop and asked for a NGK plug for a loncin 125 easy $5
haha... i hope i have the same luck.. when I snapped the chain, i had to go on a mission to about 8 different stores - before they all shut, mind you - asking if they had chains for a demon/loncin/fkn anything chinese 125 dirt bike lol... all I got was blank stares... except for the last place.. seemed like those dudes knew their sh*t.. but then when I took the bike into the mechanic he bagged the place out... said I shouldn't go there... go figure..

i changed the filter to a uni-filter but runs much better with stock POD
Thats interesting...

and yer, I bought it off ebusiness on ebay.. fkn bargain... and much better than the orion i had a month or two beforehand, like I said in the post above..

Last edited:
yeh the demon seem like good bike for what ya pay,mine was $511 + postage,plus 3x 1 L oils for service NGK plug,and whatever else i wanted to change,like handle bars to BMX(awsome comfyness),did u tune it,or still running dodge,after a tune it will be sweet for ages,where abouts are you located?

Latest posts

Back