Detroit 170cc opinions?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought when I do the 212 job the brakes might need upgrading coz I’d put the lxr brakes on the smaller bike if not Id just order another set of them

How do you guys know if your gearing is too long? I have 17/41 with 12" real wheel and I stall the bike a lot. I'm used to the 1kg flywheel so I think that's why. It goes pretty fast on 1st gear faster than my old 110 did so should I change the gearing to 15/41? I ordered an hour meter and exhaust gasket. Does the exhaust gasket help the bike run? I find it hard to start cold-like 10kick and warm engine 3 kicks. It's running little lean I think that's why and it backfires a lot, whenever I give it throttle or engine brake it gives huge flames. The carb adjustment feel like theyre close.
Not sure why this is but whenever I rev the engine and the revs come back to idle it idles little time high and then comes to the set idle speed?

How do you guys know if your gearing is too long? I have 17/41 with 12" real wheel and I stall the bike a lot. I'm used to the 1kg flywheel so I think that's why. It goes pretty fast on 1st gear than my old 110 did so should I change the gearing to 15/41? I ordered an hour meter and exhaust gasket. Does the exhaust gasket help the bike run? I find it hard to start cold-like 10kick and warm engine 3 kicks. It's running little lean I think that's why and it backfires a lot, whenever I give it throttle or engine brake it gives huge flames. The carb adjustment feel like theyre close.
Not sure why this is but whenever I rev the engine and the revs come back to idle it idles little time high and then comes to the set idle speed?
all your issues with tuning are cos you dont have an exhaust gasket, you shouldnt be running it at all without one!!
I run 15/39 sprockets on mine...

Ok, Thanks! I just have to wait for my gasket to come and then ride it. Is the PWK and OKO same carb? I have started thinking about new carb but i dont know what would be best.

Ok, Thanks! I just have to wait for my gasket to come and then ride it. Is the PWK and OKO same carb? I have started thinking about new carb but i dont know what would be best.
the oko flatslide is a copy of a genuine keihin pwk but are great for the price and work well with these engines if you get the 26mm.....

Sorry guys have been away i wrote requesting wiring diagram for honda today
more info ... 12/ 10 model PA PA AF 6
I DO HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP

Little old thread but the exhaust gasket made HUGE difference in starting!!! Before it would need 4-10kicks cold when not ran in 5-8days, today i installed the exhaust gasket, the bike had been in cold without any running for 3,5 weeks, 2 Kicks and boom started right up! Definitely can recommend this engine starts betterer than my 110cc

Latest posts

Back