Detroit 170cc opinions?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also are you 100% sure the new engines have a limiter?, I doubt it but not sure myself.

Are the kickstart gears hard to change? Just opened the clutch cover for the sake of it and look simple not too hard. First I had problems starting it because of kickback did get 1 very strong kickback but didn't break anything luckily. Its runs good and starts ok so I need to order that gasket. I have Molkt 26mm with 102 main jet and the needle clip in the middle. It started running very bad like choke on with the needle in the richest setting. Now when I have learned the technique it starts good and I have had 0 kickbacks. It is way different engine than 110, it pulls so smooth and strong. Not sure about the limiter, Tobdanracing said that they have limiter and the limiter is too early. I gotta order sometime stronger valve springs and spring compressor. It feels like it has the same compression and pulls the same so I don't think that I bent valve or something. I make sure that i dont do that again. The exhaust gases smells different than in 110 so not sure if i am burning oil or something? I have checked dipstick but the oil is there and it only smokes white when cold what is normal.

it wont be limiter mate it will be valve float from the stock soft springs, unfortunately there are not any aftermarket stronger springs for these engines....
kicker gears are easy to replace, its usually the gear in the back of the clutch basket that fails first.
Molkt carbs are rubbish!!, I run OKO26 flatslide carbs on mine, easy to tune and noticeable power gains....
You'll just have to get used to changing gear sooner as to avoid valve float which shouldnt be an issue as they have
good torque, upgrade to a v2 head and issue solved and huge power increase.

Ok,thanks! will the v2 head go straight in? How do you usually run these engines in? There is many opinons about this so just want to know. I heat cycled my z155 2 times and then rode it with no more than 1/2 gas.I have driven almost 4 hours so i think the running in is gone and i can change the oil.

v2 will bolt straight on, just make sure you get the z155ho specific v2 head with klx exhaust port, you will also have to get the matching TB 60mm piston which is a high comp piston with bigger valve reliefs for the v2 which has bigger valves, also a good idea to get titanium retainers while you're at it, I've got 30hrs on my 155ho with v2 head and never had to adjust the valves since I put it on, they still in perfect spec.
Run your engine in hard, just dont hold at high rpm for lengthy periods, but if you got 4hrs on it already then you ready to thrash it.

Yep thanks for info,just need to get new forks because they got bent today, lol :D it was RSU fork so getting USD but the engine is good

Hey fellas good to hear you got you z155
You goin the v2 already
I’m gonna do it to my 160 but I’ve only got about 3hrs on mine
I kinda wanna wait til I’ve put more hours on it
But I guess it doesn’t matter

Hi there guys
Does any have a wiring diagram for honda today scoota

Yep, I'm not going to install V2 just yet. I want to get some feel of the engine and get hours to it. Just scared to try top speed because it can bend valve, But at some point, I would need stronger springs or the v2 head but not yet but good information still. What jetting you guys running on stock 155's? I have the Molkt 26 and 102 main not sure of others but 102 main and needle clip in middle.
Flee, anything about the model and year? I know nothing about these things but I could try to help you find the diagram.

Hey fellas good to hear you got you z155
You goin the v2 already
I’m gonna do it to my 160 but I’ve only got about 3hrs on mine
I kinda wanna wait til I’ve put more hours on it
But I guess it doesn’t matter
I went v2 straight up on a new engine just so I didn't have to hone the cylinder...haha

Yep, I'm not going to install V2 just yet. I want to get some feel of the engine and get hours to it. Just scared to try top speed because it can bend valve, But at some point, I would need stronger springs or the v2 head but not yet but good information still. What jetting you guys running on stock 155's? I have the Molkt 26 and 102 main not sure of others but 102 main and needle clip in middle.
Flee, anything about the model and year? I know nothing about these things but I could try to help you find the diagram.
You won't bend a valve unless they are too tight or your timing is out...I can't help with jetting on the molkt sorry but again I say do yourself a favor and throw it in the rubbish bin and get a decent carb.

65FCDF25-BCD6-4B48-BF5C-A3E7CBCECAEA.jpeg Really surprised with my 160 seems to love high rpm down low to me seems to be a little sluggish
1st 2nd seem unusable 3rd and 4th I used the most on the 110 frame felt like it got faster and faster I think with the v2 head a maybe a pe28 it would give my 190 lxr a good run lol

true, I have both...155ho+v2 and daytona 190, both in lxr's and yes the 190 has more power hands down but usable power is a difyferent story...haha

My 190 lxr is apart atm painting the frame and doin the 212 kit adding braided lines and maybe new graphics re greasing everything and afew new bits goin bigger brakes to not in a rush to do it
what’s left over will go to my 110

What brake upgrade you recommend ant?

XXX-747 I have noticed the same thing with my 160/155Z HO. It pulls ok in low rpm but when it gets to high rpm seems to pull like train! Like 2 stroke powerband but not the same. Might be the carb settings tho but still fun bike to ride. Just need to wait for summer because of winter in my country. I would need Bigger brakes too and USD but just thinking what you guys recommend for brakes? I have only 1 piston brakes on the front and back and the front brake isn't good.

Yeah carb and sprocket can be changed for which would deffs help it low down
Seen a lot of people use varies brakes
Seen guys use brakes from ktm 85 and other Models that size think its really what you can get to fit

Latest posts

Back