Dhz 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordancurrie

Reaction score
Ok so the 140 as some of you already know has been giving me alot of trouble so today i knocked of early and thought bugger it and went to Ming50's at glendale. so i needed a throttle cable (stock one was too short), brake fluid, chain rail guide thingy, exhaust copper gasket, chain, and an oko manifold adapter thingy..
so everything is now on the bike but it still doesn't want to run properly.. i think its the carby tuning.. i tried to video it but can't seem to upload off my iPhone, has anyone done it?? but here's what i've done with the carby

wound the mixture screw all the way in and backed it off about 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 turns.. then i adjusted the idle to suit after a while but it just doesnt want to play ball and the 1/4 turn throttle seems an even shorter spin of the wrist, is this normal?? i think it's due to the spring in the carby being a bit stiffer than the gaykuni.. i will try another way of taking a video but any help for now will do..
________
DeLuxeEris

Last edited:
1/4 is just that.. 1/4 turn of standard for full throttle..

the carb will idle fine the way it is but will require and smaller main jet(96) and the needle to be adjusted to suit..
and now would be as good a time as any to adjust your valve clearances

1/4 is just that.. 1/4 turn of standard for full throttle..

the carb will idle fine the way it is but will require and smaller main jet(96) and the needle to be adjusted to suit..
and now would be as good a time as any to adjust your valve clearances

Valve Clearances i did the other day so should still be alright?.. so you think the settings are ok?.. ill try and upload a vid after dinner.
________
WENDIE 99

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back