Dhz clutch problem helppp!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnzey

Reaction score
In need of serious help if anyone has any ideas. I have a dhz 160 outlaw and I took the clutch cover off to help mate re assemble his clutch but when putting clutch together again it doesn't work at all. All I did was take the cover off so I am lost on what it could be. Any help would be great cheers.

it has to be your cable if you didnt touch anything else? make sure its adjusted all right, whats the actual problem? stuck on? wont engage?

Clutch cable is back all fine but just won't engage I think it has something to do with the little rod that pushes against the bearing which engages the clutch I'm missing something small and it's so annoying

It's like part 15 isn't pushing against the bearing far enough.

pull the cover back off and test the little cam and part 15 to sii if it goes in and out?

Yeah I've tested it 5 times now that little piston seems to slide in and out perfectly. So I don't understand why it is doing this. May I need to start the bike? As it is a wet clutch?

What is the clutch doing/not doing?
What was done to it prior to this?
Was it working before it was pulled apart.

When Pulling the clutch in it is not engaging.
Nothing was wrong with it pulled it apart cause friend is having same problem so we thought if I took mine apart we could see the missing link but not luck and now mine is not engaging.

It's working when adjustment is full but still can feel like its not fully in and bike doesn't roll easy. Could it have to do with the pre load on the little spring?

i had the same problem when i pulled my clutch actually out, and me and a mate found that theres no oil on the clutch for it to work. So did you lay the bike down on its side if so check the oil level lay the bike down on either side, tilt it side to side and if you can get it to neutral and start it go for a ride and get the oil moving to loosen things up and it should be fine. if you cant find neutral bump star it and ride, worked for me!

yeah mate try bump starting it then changing through the gears with it, just probably needs some oil splashed around in it

Had something very similar happen too me, my adjustments were way out, there was movement in the clutch lever on the engine but it did not feel like that small piston was reaching the bearings. turns out that the lever moves a little further and gets really tight, this is when piston actually starts pushing against the bearings. You cant move the lever on the engine by hand but you can with the handle bar lever. So what im say'n to do is play with the adjustments so that when the bottom lever gets tough to move is when the top lever should just start to move.

Sorry if its hard to understand but I am finding it difficult to explain. will try and find some diagrams after dinner to try and make it clearer. For now Just try adjusting the cable a lot.

Thanks everyone for the help turns out i had to start it and ride it to get the oil moving. I'm assuming when I took the clutch cover off the plates stuck together and would not come apart untill I had stated it and got the oil moving. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Latest posts

Back