Dhz Dpro 140 :D

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZminiriderz

Reaction score
Okay, so I begged my parents to buy me a motorbike for my birthday, but dad was against it. So I saved up MY OWN money to buy a Dhz Dpro 140 for $1200. Dad still said no but i went out and bought it, they still do not know i have one haha.

First Impressions
Delivered to my door, got a call half an hour before it came saying that it was gunna be here soon. Came in a boxed metal cage/crate thing. Screwed tight against the cage for shipping purposes. Wasn't too hard to put together as i had to assemble the bars, front wheel/brake and back spring.

Bike was bigger than i expected which was a good thing.

First Ride
The bike would not kick over, tried many times to do so. So i roll started it in 2nd gear down the driveway. It got it started but stalled a few times. Tried to let the bike warm up by using the choke, but the choke does not work.

Bike has alot of power and feels very comfortable

Pros
Bike is fast, alot of power. Comfortable, jump-a-ble, sounds nice, looks very nice, suspension would be an 8/10

Cons
Choke does not work, bike does not idle. Skips gears sometimes (nothing major), wouldnt kick start at first (although it is a new bike)

Overall
I am very pleased with my new bike, lots of power. At first i hated it, but once you wear it in a bit you will love it. If your bike wont start just PM me and ask how to roll start

Hahaha thats funny your olds don't even know :)

I got a DHZ Outlaw 160R a few weeks ago, also very happy with it apart from a few small issues. I've seen a guy around here riding the same model you have, very nice bike.

getting your bike to idle is fixed by turning the screw with the spring behind it in a little bit (on the carby)

yeah my mate showed me which screw to turn, but it is so effing tight. Its the one just under the carby right? on the overflow pipe?

Might pay to read through some of the tech articles about bike set up and maintenance cause it really sounds like you have no idea.

Glad your loving the bike though, DHZ has a great name here on MR and they provide a service that is truly second to none.

yeah my mate showed me which screw to turn, but it is so effing tight. Its the one just under the carby right? on the overflow pipe?

no, it's the one on the side with the spring behind it....

Update

I have fixed the idle, i have noticed it takes off better now, idles great but choke still does not work.
The kickstart has bent but i suspected that and i have ordered a new forged kickstart from dhz.

Bike is going great

DHZ Dpro 140

When you say the choke doesn't work, you mean the lever doesn't go up or down or the butterfly in the carbie doesn't turn? Try taking the air filter off and you should be able to see the choke butterfly,a flat round plate that should spin about 1/4 turn when you use the choke lever

Yes it is, havent rode it much though

Hi, I've got a DHZ DPRO 160cc. What you have to do with most of these dhz's is leave them running for about 2 mins before you ride. keep revving it and it will idle after like maybe 5 revs. The oil has to circulate around the engine and cover the clutch for the clutch to engage properly because these bikes have wet multiplate clutches... The only problem I'm haveing with my dhz is that the bike doesnt seem to get into 4th gear? Could be that it is skipping 3rd gear or something but it seems to do it everytime! :/ I've only had the bike about 2 weeks from brand new.

Hi, I've got a DHZ DPRO 160cc. What you have to do with most of these dhz's is leave them running for about 2 mins before you ride. keep revving it and it will idle after like maybe 5 revs. The oil has to circulate around the engine and cover the clutch for the clutch to engage properly because these bikes have wet multiplate clutches... The only problem I'm haveing with my dhz is that the bike doesnt seem to get into 4th gear? Could be that it is skipping 3rd gear or something but it seems to do it everytime! :/ I've only had the bike about 2 weeks from brand new.

if you click it in 4th you should have 4th, any issues and its obviously got an internal problem..something may be loose even

Latest posts

Back