DHZ irk???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Search the forums bro you'll find its not that hard to do...

or go with ESD because that sounds like a good deal, and some more bang for buck parts! (oil slinger might take a little longer to fit) but all in all... thats good!

WHAT IS A OIL SLINGER

WHAT IS A OIL SLINGER

The proper name for an oil slinger is - a centrifugal oil filter - and it's on the primary drive side of the crank . The oil gets pumped into it from the oil pump via oil galleries in the clutch cover and it spins the oil to throw any heavier than oil particles to the inside wall so that ONLY purified oil goes through the centre of the crank to the big end rod bearing . The oil spinner ALSO acts as a harmonic balancer (crank vibration damper) which helps to stop harmonic frequencies from stressing the crank and bearings . Harmonic vibrations can cause cranks to break and bearings to fail. The WEIGHT of the flywheel and damper smooth out destructive vibrations so lightening everything can have detrimental effects .

Hey woody good to hear your stoked with the results maybe tell us how easy it was to install and where you got it from and what major differences you've felt after doing the upgrade...
Cheers
Big Leigh

dont you sell them esd so shouldnt you know how they go and how to install them? you probably do and are just asking a retoricle (spelling) question i take it

Hey Tubes
Yeah we've had plenty of feed back on ours but i always think its interesting to have crew post their opinion of a certain upgrade...
That way it doesn't sound like me just flogging our catalogue to you all the time...
Cheers
Big Leigh

thats cool man was just a little confused
you know anything about how far you can go with advancing and retarding the spark

sorry mate i'm not the technical wizard in this operation but i will enquire and get back to you or hit up ROOST he's pretty knowledgable in this field...
Cheers
Big Leigh

just bought a DHZ irk... had a "buythisdirtbike" irk off ebay on my 125 but the stator screws fell out and it ground down the rotor and fuct it :mad: they both look the same tho, kitaco copies.

does anybody know about setting the timing with a IRK? the rotor doesnt seem to have any kind of timing mark on it like the stock item does..

We suspected that some of the ebay dealers were selling dodgy stuff as we couldn't understand how they could get the same quality parts as we get for the money they are selling them for...
I suppose everything comes out in the wash eventually...
As for the timing i'll get back to you or search for posts from ROOST i think he's gone through it on these forums before...
Cheers
Big Leigh

Latest posts

Back