dhz outlaw 160r question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop88

Reaction score
im looking to buy a dhz outlaw 160r for $1750 because i dont really wanna spend much more than that atm..

anyone have that bike or ridden one? i just wanna know if the zong 160 engine has pretty good power and pulls good? im not racing or anything so i dont need a monster engine.. but im tossing up between getting that engine and only spending 1750 or getting the daytona 150 in it and spending 2300... is it even worth it?

i was thinking if im not satisfied with the 160 as it is i could always get the big bore kit later and get a v2 head aswell for like 600 or whatever it comes too..

cheers

i have the outlaw 160 and it is pretty awesome and comfortable, sometimes its a handful on the dirt but very fun
well worth the money unfortunatly i dont know how it would compare to the daytona

from what i've heard them dhz are a great bike, suspention standard is pretty good.
as for the 160ho they are a great engine, good gear ratio and alright power.
plenty of mods you can do to it, daytona only really carby and porting.
the v2 would be around same as the daytona 150f.
if something goes wrong with the 160ho its quite cheap to fix, daytona is not so cheap.
i wouldn't spend $1150 or so on a 150. alot of issues so far, there a pretty good engine power wise it seems, just doesnt seem like they got all the issues sorted yet.

Last edited:
thanks tbags

yeah ive read your outlaw review a few times already haha

cheers for the info mv. yeah i like the idea that later i can add the big bore and v2 if i want.

could i put the pro taper high bars on it? im 6"2 and im sick of getting a sore back when i ride standing up ay

At this stage stay away from the Daytona. The HO is a proven engine and are pretty reliable.
Here is my review on 1 of the first Outlaws to hit the race track.
http://www.miniriders.com/minibike-reviews/29942-owner-review-dhz-outlaw-160r.html

Why stay away from the Daytona ?? because theres a few bad apples out there ? its more the 190's and Okay so there not perfect being first gen but not all of them are bad... I've got the 150f and have friends who also followed in my footsteps and got the 150f and no issues on any.... even if there was a problem DHZ are great ppl anyway they have helped me with any issues I've had through-out the years.

All in All buy what you prefer mate have a chat with DHZ all there bikes are great and with there reputation you cant go wrong either way !

All the best !

Why stay away from the Daytona ?? because theres a few bad apples out there ? its more the 190's and Okay so there not perfect being first gen but not all of them are bad... I've got the 150f and have friends who also followed in my footsteps and got the 150f and no issues on any.... even if there was a problem DHZ are great ppl anyway they have helped me with any issues I've had through-out the years.

All in All buy what you prefer mate have a chat with DHZ all there bikes are great and with there reputation you cant go wrong either way !

All the best !

At this stage the Daytona are very hit and miss. You are lucky you have a good 1 and i'm sure there is plenty of good ones out there but at this stage why get an engine that has the potential to detonate?
I know DHZ are great and would fix any problems but thats pretty annoying when it happens to go through all the channels.

yeah guess your right there mate but at the same time dont let it stop you enjoying a new product on the market its like anything really .... If its what you want your prepared to deal with any issues none the less

Latest posts

Back