DHZ Outlaw Anima 150cc Motard Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate, but I don't think 10mm is gonna cut it!! I'm now thinking a shock around 270mm?? I think every 10mm at the shock is worth at least 40mm at the wheel. So if I drop from 290 to 270 that's about 80mm in overall ride height. Going from 290 to 240 was an overall drop of about 200mm in seat height!!! :bigcry:

I reckon they are about 35mm eye to eye, i'll put the verniers on em tonight and let you know.

This thread needs colour!! Thanks @Eichkay!

14j7.png

cgp.png

i8fd.png

gzw.png

0frl.png

17hg.png

rtp3.jpg

The bike ran awesome all day I just need to nut out better idle mixture, no biggy, it was a little hard to start hot. The 150 anima has got heaps of poke!!

I have to do something with the pegs touching down, this is partly my fault chasing good handling I put 660mm forks in instead of the 730's and has exacerbated the issue. But the handling is awesome!! A touch too soft in the front but nothing I couldn't ride around!! I noticed the pegs have blocks that space them out wider so the first thing will be to remove the blocks and I might cut the pegs down to shorten the width a bit more!!

Awesome, some nice shots there too. Sorry bout the spacers, just keep forgetting, although it looks as if you don't need em :p

Awesome, some nice shots there too. Sorry bout the spacers, just keep forgetting, although it looks as if you don't need em :p

Haha nah, that would just make the situation worse, I'm surprised Eichkay didn't capture a spark show it was that bad!!!

hey bud pics looking great , we have a 270 shock here with a 550springs its the skinny crf50 style shock , u never no it may works

i think u need to fattern the jetting alittle

hey bud pics looking great , we have a 270 shock here with a 550springs its the skinny crf50 style shock , u never no it may works

i think u need to fattern the jetting alittle

In the end the stock 290mm rear shock is really good, the dampening and spring rate is spot on!! Wound both rebound and compression alll the way in and 5 clicks out for relatively slow dampening and set the sag!!! SPOT ON!! :D

Yeah going by the idle speed adjustment and idle mixture screw it's on the lean side!! I've got the right jet I think?? :D

My wife seems to think this is funny, well maybe it is, but I can assure you the last thing in my mind at this point was dinner!! haha!

3r0b.jpg

We had round 4 of the state title on Sunday, man these anima's rip!! Even the 85 two strokes were not up on power, which I thought they would be!! Took a nice little haul of points with 3 wins from 3 starts!! :action-smiley-035:

Can't wait to see how the 190 goes in the streeter!!!

Just wondering how would you rate the daytona as a street engine? in say... a postiebike

I would rate it highly! Even with a flat slide its not abrupt off the turns, I'm still running stock gearing and was not out of revs on the straight here which would've been getting close to 100km/h out if the 150cc. Wait till I gear it down a bit!! It was popping a little wheelie, hard on the throttle, through the esses every lap!!!

I reckon the 150 would do 140 km/h with the right gearing!

Here's qualifying from helmet cam of rider on DHZ dpro 160:

[video=youtube;jzImwt9YqIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzImwt9YqIM[/video]

Race 2 Is two DPRO's doing battle and you might see me at the start for a little while until the anima's power helps with "the big get out!":

[video=youtube;_7KdDnfcmVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7KdDnfcmVA[/video]

DHZ's pretty much finished 1st, 3rd and 4th in every race!!!

And race 3:

[video=youtube;9zbr-LT2cG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zbr-LT2cG4[/video]

nice
track looks tight do u guys reach 4th ?

Yeah, I actually run 4th all the way through the last turn and all the way down the straight. I reckon the Anima had at least 2,000 rpm up it's sleeve at the end of the straight, I could gear down a bit for this but there is another part of the track that I think I need 2 less teeth on the rear sprocket........ It's doing my head in deciding which way to go with it because a gain here is a loss there!!! I think I'll knock a tooth off the front sprocket and use a gear higher (3rd) in the section I'm talking about!!

gcb3.png

Last edited:
thats a sweet bike! have fun with it!
-Chris

thats a sweet bike! have fun with it!
-Chris

Cheers mate!!

I was surprized by the power, I had a side by side with a yz85 down the straight and was able to overtake!! It definitely goes as hard as my old sx85 ktm!! But has power off the turns where as the ktm you had to wait for the power to hit and get going, this thing pulls off idle!! Haha!

I installed the De-Comp cam to the 150 today, man what a difference!!!! It's now like kicking over a small two stroke haha!! Lucky actually because I came very close to breaking my right ankle last Friday and it's still sore.

Mate, you could kick a de-comp 150 anima over in thongs!!! Very happy!!

I also raised the front ride height and jacked the back up with the ride height blocks to try and keep the pegs away from the ground!! Got a practice day tomorrow to check all then changes out!!

I was gonna go down one tooth on the front sprocket thinking it was a 16t.... Nah 15t standard and that's the smallest spare I had!! Oh well that'll stay as it is for now!!

The ride height adjustment did the trick!! No more scraping pegs!! Although I might bring the front end back down a little because I've lost a little front end feel.

Pic:

mq52.jpg

Latest posts

Back