did i really recieve my 155z?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIKKO_X2

Reaction score
gday guys,
over the past few months i have been slowly building myself a bike. all of the parts except for the frame came from DHZ. i was pretty happy with his service until i recieved my engine.

i ordered a pitster pro 155z crate engine, but what i recieved looks EXACTLY like a gpx 160. even the side covers have gpx written on it and the head has 160ccm^3 written on it. i emailed DHZ and he tells me that it is a 155z internally, the manufacturer for some reason decided to slap GPX labels on it and engrave the head with 160ccm^3 even though it is a 155cc bike. on the crankcase the numbers '1p60ymj' are written along with the engine number, can anyone help me in identifying if this engine is really a 155z?

im thinking of pulling off the head and measuring the bore to be safe, but i would like to hear your opinions.

i will put pics up in a few hours when i get a chance.
cheers

pics needed for sure, But it does sound like they have shafted you mate.

if it is the 160 it's got the fix and you've done well out of it

regardless both good donks

but speak to casey if you can he will know more certainly ken maybe be reading off paperwork

they fix ya up regardless

even if it is a gpx 160, i lose because i payed more for the 155z, which pretty much means i overpayed for a gpx 160. ill definately post pics when i get a chance

my 155z looks like the one in the link, but why is it that way?
why do they advertise it to look one way in the pictures, then send you a completely different motor

you do realise the motors are esentailly the same the the zonga donk has a shorter stroke

like i say ken will fix you up if wrong

i'd imagine it has gpx on it because thats the china company the would have bought the motor from and well gpx is there brand so the want to support it

my mate has the gpx 150 in his bike but the case's have ciniworx stamped into them

pics will be the tell

im just really annoyed because i asked for a pitsterpro 155z engine and i loved the look of it, but then i recieved something that looked completely different. the bottom end on the 155z is supposed to be alot better than the gpx 160 according to forums in america, but the 155z i recieved has the same crankcase as a gpx 160cc, so how could the bottom end perform an better on this particular engine?

is there a difference between a zonga 155z and a pitsterpro 155z? or are they the exact same engine?

pics.. my 155z has 160cc stamped on the cylinder and so does all of them i am told....

Mate bottom line is that even if it is the 155z internally its still not what you payed for.. You payed for the motor in the picture which also as you say you liked the look of.. I would either be asking them to replace the engine with a proper 155z or get your money back and buy it elsewhere.. From PitsterPro or someone. I can see why your angry and i would be fuming if i shelled out over 600 for a product i didnt want..

Get the engine you ordered!!

P8140048.jpg

P8140049.jpg

the top and bottom end are both gpx 160cc, they also look NOTHING like the ones on the pitster pro website

The topend is Definately a 155z. and for that right side case cover , im pretty positive there only on the 155 engines.

what im really annoyed about is that it isnt the same as in the picture. if the engines they are selling look different to the one in the picture, then they should change the picture!

and from what i have heard, the crankcase of the 155z is a new design and performs really well, but the crankcase on my engine is from a gpx 160. it feels like the only difference between a gpx 160 and a 155z is the stroke, which means that any guy could swap the crank in his 160cc to the one from the 155z and he would instantly have a better engine. if that was the case, then whats with all the hype on these engines?

P8140048.jpg

P8140049.jpg

the top and bottom end are both gpx 160cc, they also look NOTHING like the ones on the pitster pro website

thats a genuine 155z the only reason it has gpx moto on them is they are made in batches for different company's with whatever name they want on em..

the difference is these engines have a close ratio trans and all the supposed hiccups with this engine design have been resolved.. btw these 155z are assembled on the same floor as the daytona 150 and such...

The only way you would be able to get one like the picture , would be through Pitster pro . id assume

and your not gonna notice any difference in the bottom end compared to the yx160's by looking at them.

But i agree they should seriously upload there own photos... how hard is it.

they got 100s of these engines in stock , how hard would it be to take 1 photo....

i would be asking for a refund of sum sort it aint what you bought ,ken is a good guy so i cant see him dicking you around but i would want something for the stuff up ,tho motor does look to be 155z ,

dont let it go ,get on to it and ring everyday and complain .fair trading gets motivation even just the words make ppl do whats right

Last edited:
That looks to me like the 155Z!!! Looks good mate.

Yeah they should DEFINENTLY post the Pic of what EXACTLY your getting but that there is the 155Z Im 99.9% sure haha :)

ive emailed ken telling him i was unhappy, as i didnt recieve the jet kit either. also, i asked him for red rims with black hubs, but i received red rims with grey hubs. i didnt really mind it as it was mainly my fault for not asking for billet hubs, but i did ask him how much it would be for "red rims with black hubs" and he replied with a price, so i thought he knew what i meant.

hopefully this can all be sorted out

Latest posts

Back