Different carby types, chokes and idle screws

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thump*140

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Ok recently we've had a few people ask where to find the idle screw, what's an air screw, where's the carby etc? (The car be where you parked it last...)
I've got a few different carbs on different bikes, so i did up a few common types that you'll encounter on minis. Only one missing of the "general" types is a Molkt... so if someone has one???

OKO 26mm Flatslide. Choke type= Air port button-operated.
OKO26mmFlatslide.jpg

JINGKAI 19mm roundslide, oval throat. Choke type: Butterfly-valve, Linkage-lever operated.
Jinca19MMbutterflychoke.jpg

Genuine Mikuni 19mm roundslide. Choke type: Air port, lever operated.
GenMikuni19mmchoke.jpg

Genmikuni19mmarscrewidlescrew.jpg

Fake Keihin 26mm Pumper Roundslide Oval bore. Choke type: Linkage lever operated with Butterfly valve.
FakeKeihin30mmpumper26mm.jpg

Fake Mikuni 30mm Roundslide oval bore. (actual diameter 26mm) Choke type: Air port, lever operated.
FakeMikuni30mm26mmthroat.jpg

JingKai 30mm roundslide. Choke type: Butterfly valve, linkage-lever and cable operated. (250cc China quad)
Jenkai30mmcablechokequad250.jpg

what a fantastic job i have a different one again between two of them but think i worked it out its the mix on 09 model 250, but thats fantastic pics, well done

u need to by some air filter oil!

But on the pics side it will help out a few people for sure, good job man

actually a very old genuine Mikuni... probably older than you are actually, come to think of it...

ha ha, yeah she's an old old old oldschool mikuni... cant remember what it was lifted off... 1986 CT185 i think... works bloody well surprisingly... cant see a Fakuni lasting that long... ;)

just a simple question i have a fake mikuni [jinki or something like that] how do i tell what size it is there seems to be no markings only the brand

thump top marks just what ive been wanting to know cheers ive been seaarching trying to find out where the air fuel mixture screw was for the jingke carb thanks again.

i just have to ask today i had to turn the revs down of my bike after instailling a oko carbie. so i kicked it and it started first pop!! i was stoked turned the idol down and got it reving good after that i turned my bike of, and i havent been able to start it up since so could the reason be that thes not enogh fuel going threw? becasue it not making much reving when i ttry to kick it over??
thanks

turn your idle up a bit!! and where is your mixture screw set at?

also try and keep all your posted in the same thread with stuff like this because we lose track of what bike/engine you have and questions get re-asked..

now for the record you have a yx150 in an atomik..right? and jets are 36 pilot and 100 main!! right?

sorry about the double post i just thought that no will notice my oko problems in the forum that say brake problems. haha yeah i have a yx 150 and the jets are 36 and 100. how can i know where the mixture screw are set as? i havent really played with it that much,it pretty much how it came. but it started with no problems before i toched the idol screw so maybey thats the problem?

screw the mixture screw in lightly till it stops then wind it out till best idle quality is acheived (count how many turns this is) should be around 1 - 2 turns. obviously the bike needs to be running..

it should run fine straight out the box, but a vacuum leak can make things act up pretty bad..

I've got a new DHZ D160 pro and it has a 30mm minkuni on it it looks different to that one on the first page.

I've got some pictures I'll add (tried to add pics but the img tags didn't work .

The first shows the choke but I'm having trouble locating the idle screw,

I thought it may be the silver screw above the choke but that doesn't move.

carbie1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The second pic has a screw That I'm guessing is the mixture and on the bottom of the carb on that side another screw after reading the Carb tuning thread I think it's the air screw.

carbie1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm having dramas getting it running smoothly.when I start it with the choke on it seems fine then if I turn the choke off it will idle for 10 seconds then stall also when I turn the choke off and rev the engine it runs like a pig and blows black smoke and as soon as I let the throttle off it stall. if i leave the coke on it runs fine....Can anyone help?

hey man i think you have them mixed up, on your first pic the mixture screw that you labeled is actually the idle screw, when you screw that in it pushes the throttle pin up which lets more fuel in if the bike inst idling, and on my mikuni the other screw that you labeled is where my mixture screw is....someone correct me if im wrong?

hey man i think you have them mixed up, on your first pic the mixture screw that you labeled is actually the idle screw, when you screw that in it pushes the throttle pin up which lets more fuel in if the bike inst idling, and on my mikuni the other screw that you labeled is where my mixture screw is....someone correct me if im wrong?

Nope you got it mate :grinning-smiley-003

Your "mixture screw" that you labeled is actually your idle, and the one on the underside that you weren't sure of is your mixture

Thanks for that.

I'll have a crack at tuning it now i know where the idle and mixture screws are.

Cheers guys

Latest posts

Back