different size shocks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyxxx

Reaction score
hi guys well my pit bike has 645mm forks and 280 rear shock . i was just wondering if i could put 730 mm forks and 330mm-350mm shock to raise it ? or is the frame just suited to them sizes ? btw its a 125rr frame will probably get new frame soon anyway if it wont . cheers have merry x-mas

nah that would be wack.... you need a new frame, and unless you get the midsized DHZ crf style... you'll also need a seat tank and plastics

dvd why would this be whack? With out seeming like a full on retard I dont get it... wouldn't making both shocks bigger just balance it all out anyway?!

thats what i thought but ?? im not sure thats why i asked ?

hrmm all i can think of it the swing arm would end up in a weird position from the bigger rear shock... hrmm maybe the bigger forks make it look like a chopper!? mehh i dont know.. but im verrry interested in knowing the answer!

the frame is ALOT shorter than a midsized... like a pitpro 140XR or DHZ140 for example

the swingarm would face down like crazy, the bike would just be completely fooked in the handeling department.... it would just be WACK

you gotta lengthen when you raise as well or youll mess with the handeling/rear shock angle etc. imho!

yeah the longer shock in the rear would fuk up the suspension geometry. plug the angle the swing arm would be on would be crazy..

it would handle like a pig...virtually unridable i recon... kidney bashing bump steering pig

ok thanx for clearing that up guys

EDIT: can u put smaller forks and rear shock on the midsize frames ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back