Dirty Carby Maybe?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineThumpy

Reaction score
had the most best ride out in the mud yesterday, smashing through 2 ft puddles and mud up to my knees, the bike held up great and seemed to run fine all the way through until the end, but at the end when we were about to pacl up, i noticed it will idle normally, but when i give it a good rev and let it go, the revs will stay hi for a ccouple of seconds then go back down to normal idle, i took it for another little ride then when i stopped to check if it was still doing it, it was reving really high for about 5 seconds then returned to normal idle,

would that just be a dirty carby? anyone else had this?

it could be some dirty water got through the filter, and has dried up, making the slide sticky?
it may have mud in the throttle, between the tube and handlebars?

Pulled it all down today, carby was surprisingly spotless, no first at all on the inside, redone all the electrics, took it out again and it is still doing it, didnt at the start while it was warming up, but as the engine got warmer and warmer it got worse and worse

i would check for vacuum leaks then,
warm it up, let it idle,
then spray degreaser/wd40/carby cleaner etc on the fuel bowl, to carby base joint,
the carby to insulator/spacer join,
the insulator/spacer to manifold
manifold to head joins

if the idle changes in any way, then there is your leak.

Aight mate ill give that ago, ill chuck a video up of what it's doing so it will be easier for you to know what I mean

Latest posts

Back