dnm hornet oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like one of the ports in the valves are blocked up ?
how do you go about cleaning that out? i was going to diss asemble one damper because the otherone i cleaned out by forcing it open....

lol,
well your other option is take it to a motorcyle suspension place to get them serviced.
personally i couldn't justify spending $250+ ? doing that when you could buy a new pair for a bit more.

take pics as you go, for referencing when you are reassembling etc

and worst case, start a thread here, post some pics if you're stuck and we can go from there....

OK, now I got them back together, but the RHS fork leg is so hard.. even on the softest setting with the same amount of oil in it.. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Try pulling them down again and putting them back together, at one point when i put mine back together i found i couldn't adjust the rebound at all (the adjuster was locked) removed and put back together, this time with the adjuster set in middle before assembly, then it worked fine after that. Might be worth a try.

I was gonna say where was your adjuster set when putting it back together from memory I think the adjuster needs to be all the way in when filling and reinstalling. I had the same problem with my elka then pulled it back down re done it and it worked but yeah could be blocked or to much oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OK, Ill take it apart and have another look.. I think the valve will be blocked, due to the glue they used as threadlocker floating around, and also there were some aluminium shavings floating around from the rebound adjustment rod that was get belted up...

Will let you know how I go!

So I just dropped 100ml from the fork leg.. Felt alot better but just a bit springy on the rebound.
Figured Ill just see how it rides and use the good side to control the rebound...

So I just dropped 100ml from the fork leg.. Felt alot better but just a bit springy on the rebound.
Figured Ill just see how it rides and use the good side to control the rebound...

Be just like the Zochies on my Husky, one leg controls rebound the other controls compression, i believe it was the same for Rossi's first MotoGP Yamaha, so you should be fine :)

Latest posts

Back