DNM vs GPX Black label...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
I've searched a few old forums now and haven't found a decent comparison between the two...
Putting into account with new brakes how do they compare with each other?

Both really good forks, if your a heavier rider then I would go with the Hornets. Even with light 5W fork oil they are a bit on the stiff side for me, I weigh in at 60kgs.

Yeah I'm 90kg would you say the zoccies are worth the extra $600? Obviously there a better fork but are they $600 better?

Cause I was looking at them too.

I recon the GPX and the Hornets are pretty similar... They really come from the same ching chong factory. Ive seen the $4000 braap maestro has the hornets on them.. their top of the line bike.. Don't know if that means anything though.. I thought they mighta had zokkies on for that price.. I put the hornets on mine, but to be honest, would have been easier buying the GPX kit from DHZ cause I had dramas fitting the Hornets, buying new front brake and disc, and getting the fork stem and nut to fit...

Both really good forks, if your a heavier rider then I would go with the Hornets. Even with light 5W fork oil they are a bit on the stiff side for me, I weigh in at 60kgs.
JFTR... Im about 85kgs and mine feel super soft and plush, just with the factory oil in them...

I tried to save some bucks and get them direct from the factory.. but ended up spending the same as the DHZ kit.. just had more headaches.. ha ha.. I never learn my lesson being a tight arse!!! Ive seen the GPX's on UnoTurbos bike take some massive jumps....I recon they would be all you ever need!

I spent 300 on DNMs, had to lengthen the stem bolt, but other than that was a sweet fit with GPX front brakes.

For ease of purchase I reckon a set of GPXs through DHZ is the easiest option...

Go for the gpx. the dnm hornet (black 735mm) is the worse fork i have ever ridden. so freaking hard and you will just bounce around.. like riding with a stiff front end.!

Mate iv'e got a set of DNM's but if i had to start again I would of gone the GPX route, only becuase it's alot less stuffing round + after my last rebuild i have found 1 to be appox 2mm longer than the other, could never work out why they seemed to be binding then putting the axel in one day (without the wheel) i noticed it didn't slide in easily... So i adjusted the length via the tripples and wot do ya know - they are now 10 times better... Anyway, go the Blacks and save the stuffing around.

I've got the blacklabels mate and they are pretty good, nice and smooth action. No front end bouncing around everywhere.
I'm 79kg and they feel nice and plush, just ask dhz about the stem length mate as I got screwed and ended up with the crf50 stem which is to short for the crf70 frame so make sure you get the right length triples sent to suit, I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they will swap the triples to suit, I could be wrong cant hurt to ask thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think you will still need to do the "Nut Cut" to get them on.. (sounds a bit painfull!!) I could be wrong though.. I can give ya help if you get stuck too....

Ask DHZ if its a straight bolt up... The CRF50 I saw em get put on didnt quite work right.. had to use the stock Triple clamps and put the fork legs in them... I think that was all that was wrong... But yeah, ask DHZ i recon..
Or ask josh if his bolted straight up no problems...

Latest posts

Back