Do i need to retune Carby ? 125 to 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100 isnt to lean, you have to remember that different engines with different mods will be tuned differently

i have a 100 main jet an mines not running lean at all

he fellas,just wondering if any of you guys have blown a carbi manafold gasket before,if so what is the best lock tite to put on the bolts because i keep blowing mine,the bolts keep coming loose,any ideers would be great.

100 isnt to lean, you have to remember that different engines with different mods will be tuned differently

i have a 100 main jet an mines not running lean at all

I'm referring the Lifan 140cc. Mine is stock as a rock and with the standard 100 main it is to lean up top. ;)

mines a lifan 140cc too but i have a hp cdi, bigger exhaust an uni filter

I'm running the same exhaust as you and a genuine UNI filter will suck MORE AIR in then a standard foam pod. Mine is running to lean when your at wot. I will let you know when I get the 105 in.

yeah sweet im interested how yours will go with the 105 main jet

when you getting the 105??

the main jet is the N100/604 yeah??

Its just a normal round top Mikuni jet I think...
mikunilargeroundmain.jpg

I ordered in two 105 main jets. One for my mate and the other for me. That was almost 3 weeks ago.... If they havent rang me by this friday I'm going elsewhere to get them. Everytime I ring up they will say "nah we where expecting them yesterday they should be in tomorrow we will ring you when they arrive" couple of days later "nah we where expecting them yestereday blah blah blah... Just another typical bike shop...

ive got a 102.5 and a 100 main jet which one will work better i havnt tried them yet and i dont want to keep taking the carby off so which is better if a 100 is too lean is the 102.5 ok?? Thanks. Daniel

i just brought a 100 and a 102.5 from that site just send him a email saying what you want to buy an he will give you what you need eg; bank details an how you want it to be delivered

and daniel it is very easy to change jets but you cant just change a jet an expect the bike to run perfect there are other things that need to be adjusted on the carby
the main jet is for when your at 3/4 to wot so if your bike misnt running good between 3/4 to wot put the 100 in first check to see how it rides an check the plug to see if its running rich or lean if the bike still isnt running right at 3/4 to wot put the 102.5 in an cheack the plug again

A bit off topic but how much does that guy sell jets for including postage.
(Ian Williams Tuning Kartshop homepage). Might just get them online if hes got 105's in stock. Saves me wasting fuel and waiting weeks for the bike shop to get the two jets in.

cheers guys i will have a go at it this friday.

motolover i payed $22.50 for two jets plus there getting sent by overnight express post

he gave me the option on regular mail which is $3 or overnight $7

each jet was $7.75
hope that helps

lerroy he charged me $7.75, hmmm i hope i brought the right one lol

its the N100/604 yeah??

Latest posts

Back