Does this look right???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaac133

Reaction score
I opened up my carby today as it has been leaking fuel out of the overflow tube since brand new and someone said the float might be stuck so I took a photo and there was a few things that struck me as weird

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330599700.070614.jpg

The little round bar that the float hinges on was sticking out a bit so I stuck it back through so it was alright again and I know next to nothing about carbys but to me it doesn't look like there is a pilot jet in there, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Ps: it's a 26mm Molkt

There is a pilot in there its just on this design of carbi its tiny.. only about 5mm long, not the usual looking pilot jet.

My concerns would be the dent in the float itself.. is there fuel in that ? if so its a gonna and you need a new part or replace the whole carbi..

If its leaking fuel you'll find either the float needle has dirt in its little hole not letting it close off the incoming fuel or the float level isnt set well.. you can bend the little tab the float needle hangs off the adjust the float level.. you'll need to bend the little tab towards the top of carbi .. so the float level switches off earlier.

carbi-help.jpg

Eichkay thank you for the revised picture! Perfect reply, thank you do much, gave me some good stuff I can check when I get home today.

And if that is the case that Molkt leak from factory sometimes then I'm probably gonna just buy a 26mm oko to save myself anymore drama with this carby.

Thanks so much again guys!

Latest posts

Back