DOHC Head help please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hastiekid

Reaction score
Hi All, after a catastrophic engine failure I’m currently rebuilding a Takegawa DOHC head but I live in the UK where these are rare so information is very scarce. The only damage is to all four valves but I’m having trouble getting a replacement set. Does anybody know of an alternative to fitting genuine Takee valves?
I’m also missing information regarding the rebuild so would appreciate ANY information you have including pictures, diagrams and a copy of the manual that came with this head from new

Cheers Lads
Hastiekid

you could get a custom set of valves made up at any decent engine machine shop. they just need access to the same stem size valves in a blank..

as to rebuilding the engine, just take note of what came from where. specifically the cam chain setup..

Mike is one of the larger importers of Tak parts and is regularly in contact with Tak directly. If the parts are available, he can get them. Many "Dealers" source their parts through him. Sure, he has sex with an occasional moose and talks funny, but he's a Hell of a guy.
Minimob Racing Takegawa Kitaco Mikuni Keihin

as to rebuilding the engine, just take note of what came from where. specifically the cam chain setup..

AHHHH…..but there lies one of my problems……..I have the unenviable task of rebuilding the engine after being stripped by another person and handed to me in a box.:bigcry:

Latest posts

Back