Dont Laught at me!......

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
How do I install an exhaust gasket? Be specific. The reason why I ask is because Ive taken my exhaust pipe off before and I never saw a gasket there sooooo....what do I do? I ordered one today should be here this week. So any info on it would be helpful.

i assume you mean the copper ring? you wanna try clean any carbon build up of your exhaust outlet and then stick the copper ring in and put your exhaust back on quite simple :)

i assume you mean the copper ring? you wanna try clean any carbon build up of your exhaust outlet and then stick the copper ring in and put your exhaust back on quite simple :)

So it goes all the way inside the hole? I thought it just sits on the outside like a washer?

no mate it sits inside your exhaust port and you then tighten the exhaust manifold bolts up. then when the copper ring heats up it will expand slightly to ensure a good seal.

no mate it sits inside your exhaust port and you then tighten the exhaust manifold bolts up. then when the copper ring heats up it will expand slightly to ensure a good seal.

Is there supposed to be a spiral bendable steel thing inside? I have an ssr125 sr and when I took the exhaust off I saw a spiral thing hanging in the exhaust port

never seen anything like that on the bikes ive worked on but my knowledge is limited to what i have played with lol..... hopefully someone else chimes in. all i have ever done for exhaust seal is the copper ring....

never seen anything like that on the bikes ive worked on but my knowledge is limited to what i have played with lol..... hopefully someone else chimes in. all i have ever done for exhaust seal is the copper ring....
It came with my tb head (one of the squish ones) so you hopefully will see it soon :) also comes with most gasket kits.. i would prefer copper any day though

the spiral exhaust manifold gasket you found would have looked like this, before it started falling apart.
they have high temp gasket material between each layer of the spiral.
but yours' has all fallen out, due to getting hot over and over again when riding.
PIT Bike Exhaust Gasket 50cc 90cc 110cc 120cc 125cc 140cc ALL Import Models M2R | eBay

the copper ring gasket will last a lot longer than the type you had.

So do I just pull the old one out? Or stuff the new one on top of it?

thats the good thing here no matter how little knowledge of bikes you have you wont be ridiculed

Latest posts

Back