DPRO160 to FMF Exhaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyAsian

Reaction score
So i'm getting a DHZ DPRO 160 soon and i want to get a exhaust that sounds better than stock, so i stumbled into the FMF Powercore 4 exhaust and i was wondering what style would my bike be a CRF or like a KLX? Thanks MiniRiders!

Products - MX - FMF Racing

I want it to sound better haha :)
I didn't want to copy my friends pro-circuit either.

im pretty sure that pipe will make your bike slower as it is meant for a 50cc motor in CRF form. The Pro-circuit on the other hand is designed for the 160cc motors.

Also, why buy an exhaust that costs 1/3 the amount the bike does? Why not put that money towards getting an Outlaw 160 instead? :)

im pretty sure that pipe will make your bike slower as it is meant for a 50cc motor in CRF form. The Pro-circuit on the other hand is designed for the 160cc motors.

Damn, i should of thought about that.

Also, why buy an exhaust that costs 1/3 the amount the bike does? Why not put that money towards getting an Outlaw 160 instead? :)

I would but that would take me forever as it is taking me so long to save for the bike.

I would but that would take me forever as it is taking me so long to save for the bike.

Perhaps plan some more effective/cheaper upgrades to start out with... OKO flatside, and a cheaper big bore exhaust will give you much better bang for your buck ;)

Hrmm...

I've been looking at getting one of these fmf 4.1 pipes for my ciniworx 175 for a little while. I've been advised by 2 people on here that have a lot of knowledge that the klx110 style pipe will fit my engine as its takes the same as a klx style header pipe. They've never mentioned it making the bike slower or that it would under perform, if anything the opposite. I think someone that actually knows should jump on this before it just becomes rubbish please....

Woggy.. Sean.. or even Terry??

from what i gather Kenny needs a CRF style pipe. the CRF is made for the CRF50 so either the 50cc is loosing power, or a 160cc motor with the same pipe will loose power. i imagine that because the FMF comes from a factory designed for the CRF50, that if you put it on a 160cc motor it will be the looser of the bunch.

Perhaps plan some more effective/cheaper upgrades to start out with... OKO flatside, and a cheaper big bore exhaust will give you much better bang for your buck ;)

Yes, i have heard about OKO flatside carbies have heaps of power gain once installed, the thing is the stuff i've read about them is good but the tuning part, i would be clueless? haha.

from what i gather Kenny needs a CRF style pipe. the CRF is made for the CRF50 so either the 50cc is loosing power, or a 160cc motor with the same pipe will loose power. i imagine that because the FMF comes from a factory designed for the CRF50, that if you put it on a 160cc motor it will be the looser of the bunch.

I would think so as well, i've seen them on pit bikes but they never leave reviews, i've seen them on CRF50's and they say its a huge difference but it's on a 50 not 160 engine. So, i think i should do the carbie first but i still want a exhaust that sounds sick :) Maybe just something for looks?

i think you might be wanting it for the name of the pipe. if you want it to sound sick, just get the standard motovert/ pitser can and take some muffler packing out. you should hear some of the 160 motards with stock pipes we have. dam they sound hot.

and go to bed its 3:00am!!!

to me the header section looks tiny, so in my eyes it would only be good for 110cc and under..
but an email to them would verify the pipe diameters.. as they dont always use the proper products picture..

anything under a 28mm header on a 125cc+ engine will kill the upper power curve..
dont get me wrong, it will work and all but it may make the engine run a little hotter and be a little slower..

on a 160 you'd want at least a 30mm header.

and also in the link you can select what brand of bike to order for so its not just a klx pipe.

Hrmm...

I've been looking at getting one of these fmf 4.1 pipes for my ciniworx 175 for a little while. I've been advised by 2 people on here that have a lot of knowledge that the klx110 style pipe will fit my engine as its takes the same as a klx style header pipe. They've never mentioned it making the bike slower or that it would under perform, if anything the opposite. I think someone that actually knows should jump on this before it just becomes rubbish please....

Woggy.. Sean.. or even Terry??

^^^^^^^There is your answer Rach. ^^^^^^^^

i think you might be wanting it for the name of the pipe. if you want it to sound sick, just get the standard motovert/ pitser can and take some muffler packing out. you should hear some of the 160 motards with stock pipes we have. dam they sound hot.

and go to bed its 3:00am!!!

Okay, well i'm looking into pitsterpro exhausts they looks pretty sweet, just wondering if there is a tut on how to take the packing out and how much do i take out?
Yes, i did go to bed after posting, bloody gaming addictions -.- haha.

to me the header section looks tiny, so in my eyes it would only be good for 110cc and under..
but an email to them would verify the pipe diameters.. as they dont always use the proper products picture..

anything under a 28mm header on a 125cc+ engine will kill the upper power curve..
dont get me wrong, it will work and all but it may make the engine run a little hotter and be a little slower..

on a 160 you'd want at least a 30mm header.

and also in the link you can select what brand of bike to order for so its not just a klx pipe.

Yes, i just emailed them, so on the 160 engine it should be a CRF pipe or KLX?

did they verify pipe diameters? would be good to know as a lot of people ask this same question...

klx pipe will have the correct header but will probably have the wrong tail pipe as the klx pipes kink up at the rear and just in general have wrong bends for crf70/cini/revmx chassis

did they verify pipe diameters? would be good to know as a lot of people ask this same question...

klx pipe will have the correct header but will probably have the wrong tail pipe as the klx pipes kink up at the rear and just in general have wrong bends for crf70/cini/revmx chassis

I'll let you's know as soon as i get a reply.

Latest posts

Back