Dramas with new build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_plow

Reaction score
hey guys im building a new bike and have run into a few snags

problems i have encountered are with these parts
atomik klx 110 frame
DHZ HD alloy swingarm

First, the frame takes a 10mm bolt to attach the swingarm, but the swingarm uses a 12mm bolt (bearings and spaces are 12mm)

second, the 280mm shock i have won't fit the upper shock mount, it hits the frame and is too high.

third, the wheel bolt on the swingarm is 15mm, the bearings in my wheel are 12mm.

so im thinking of just ditching the frame for a different one and swapping the wheel bearings for 15mm inner diameter.

i have a budget of $200 for the frame, could some one show me to a frame that will work?

thanks

Im currently doing something similar

1 Which swingarm exactly? Im guessing you have this one>
According to DHZ they are all heavy duty
HD PITSTERPRO X4R Alloy Swingarm

2 Not sure about the shock? Post a pic

3 I also have some wheels to suit 12mm axles but have bought a set to suit 15mm axles

Where did you get the frame?

An option with the swingarm is to get one of these>
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
U will have to see if he has any more to list, I just bought one recently
Seems to be the same as the DHZ swingarm & it has the 10mm pivot bolt

He also has the Atomik Nitrous frames but they are not the larger (CRF70) midsize frames>

You will certainly need to go up to 15mm bearings, The trouble with changing the bearings is you need to change the inner squish tube in between the wheel bearings which is a lot of stuffing round, If I could just buy the 15mm steel inner squish tubes I would change the bearings on the wheels I have

A set of these will get you out of trouble>

Basically change your frame & buy the wheels & use your discs & sprocket & your good to go, He also has axles & plastics too>
Atomik Nitrous Dirt bike guards plastics seat (white) | eBay

For $200 you could almost add the seat & plastics if he could work out a deal with combined postage?
Hope this info is useful & enough to help you out? Post some pics too

thanks for the help, i would like to stick with the klx frame as its abit larger than the crf 50/70 if i can help it, but looks like i may have to go the crf 70..

it is a Atomik ek36 klx 110 frame, i only just bought it which sucks
Chromoly Frame KLX style EK36 - Frames & Swingarm - Performance Parts

this is the DHZ swinger that i have
DHZ RACING SWINGARM HEAVY DUTY ALUMINUM

shock is basically the same as this except 280mm with an 800lb spring
295mm Shock Absorber Shocker Suspension PIT PRO Trail Dirt Quad Bike ATV Buggy | eBay

I also have a complete set of plastics, tank, forks to suit klx 110.

with the swinger to frame bolt, i found some bearings that ate 10mm inner 26 outer that will fit to taper it down to 10mm bolt for the frame they are 6000-rs2, i picked up a high tensile 10mm bolt that will do the job.
http://australia.rs-online.com/web/p/ball-bearings/6189991/?origin=PSF_428609|alt

with the crf 70 frame, can i fit my klx forks and fuel tank? i just bought all these parts and it sucks not being able to use them..

i will get some pics later of all the parts

Last edited:
crf70 is same peg to seat height, if not a little larger in some cases, dont go an atomik frame as nothing will fit and they screw you around fairly often, as they have done to me...

dang well looks like the $120 spent on the atomik frame is going in the bin

I was checking out this TTR 150 frame, and it says it takes the klx 110 plastics, read some review on the TTR bike and they are checking out not bad.

KDF DIRT BIKE PITBIKE MINI TRAIL 150CC 160CC TWIN PIPE FRAME DIRTBIKE BLACK 150 | eBay

My question is should i try another klx frame or go ** it and buy new dhz frame/plastics/tank/seat etc..
i just wanna buy the right parts and not have to stuff around too much

Latest posts

Back