Dual Exhaust System for my Lifan 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i think it made my bike better with twins and the 26oko carb and that was when i had a jailing 120 with lifan bbore head... sounds crazy and doesnt bog at all with the 150 go for it bro...

if you are willing to fork out the money, by all means go for it. but i agree with kidxf168, go cheaper, get a single pipe that will fit your engine. the only noticeable diff will be in the sound and looking a the back of your bike. think about this, as i understand it, you get best performance from least effort to get the gas out the back. a pipe with constant sectional area will do that most efficiently. and if anything you will loose the work from the engine by constantly expanding and compressing the gas in the exhaust. also, sound i believe is lower cos where it splits it expands and slows down so a lower frequency if anyone is interested lol :p please correct me if im wrong.
ps. sorry bout the long reply. and don't be lazy.

nah, you've pretty much got it pinned there Timmonds....
HOWEVER...
There are some actual "technical" bonuses to running a twin muffler system, aside from the fact they look horn....
Yes, splitting the pipes will slow the flow, so to speak....
However, by running two mufflers that are shorter than and of smaller diameter than your standard single muffler pittie zorst, it will be quieter, have a deeper exhaust note, and improve to some effect, bottom end power, as it will slightly increase backpressure through the system... similar to the tail cone in a two stroke expansion chamber, or the "powerbomb" effect of some thumper pipes, that run a small "bulge" in the middle of the header, eg 06 Yamaha YZF's and some of the older FMF and Big Gun thumper pipes... the idea is that it sends sound waves or pulses back down the pipe...
In a two stroke, it creates backpressure to "clear" the ports and transfer air/fuel mixture through the transfer ports, in a thumper, it slows the exhaust flow, creating backpressure, basically so that the engine isnt just "foofing" away in the bottom end like a generator....
Gone are the days where a good thumper pipe is just a drain pipe with fibreglass wrapping in it... have a look at an old XR600 pipe, then compare the diameter to a late model Jap MX thumper pipe.. muffler diameter is roughly half what they used to be.... dont need the outright flow anymore....
so in essence, with the right cam, head and valve work, carbie etc, you will be able to tune an increase in power using a twin muffler set up... you will also be able to do this with a single muffler zorst, but it will be louder, and wont have the wank factor, unless it's one of these $400 yoshi or DrD or FMF LXR style pipes...
On it's own, the only difference you will notice in using the twin muffler set up, is that it will be quieter, and have a different exhaust note.. those that have used them, have reported a much deeper tone to the zorst note, and not as crackly....
Plus they look better in twos... like tits... and bundy cans....

ah yes, very true, ive heard about that little bit of back pressure for 4 strokes but wasn't sure, i can see how a minimal pressure could help. thanks for clearing that up. yea that higher louder noise gets more annoying too. i do agree that looks cool with the twin mufflers and lovin the comparisons :D. always happy to hear something i didn't know, thanks thump.

They do offer some great things yes now some girl might want to sleep with you, yes they might sound a bit better, yes they have a bit less back pressure. And with a guy bigger is better ;)

But if you are going to spend that kind of money i would recommend getting a full custom race exhaust pipe with custom muffler from Akunar.com Thats where i am getting mine. They make it especially to suit your engine and the mods it has. And have some decent cans as well ;)

And who doesnt like custom? :p

ive got one of the twin shorty mufflers on my singe pipe on FYM 110 sounds so sweeeeet

Latest posts

Back