Dual Stage Air Filter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
what purpose does the outside layer of a dual stage air filter serve?, also what happens if you don't use the outside layer?

I think the outer layer serves as a washable (more frequent) pre-filter for more course material. I wash the pre-filter after every ride where I only do the inner filter when required.

If the inner filter is oiled the only disadvantage I could see is that the inner filter would require service earlier and you use more foam oil then neccessary I guess etc...

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Great for playing/racing in mud as you can get away with removing the outside layer, rinsing it with water and putting it back on with no hassles.

Only using the inner part will result in quicker engine wear be it from dust or muddy water.

I even use an outer on my uni filter, I got a pretty red one.

I use the duel stage with a cut stocking in between the 2 elements.
You can buy a nice filter sock that covers the whole thing.

I also use a stocking over my green uni-filter and with a outer on top of that

Jeez mate I'm surprised it can breath haha, the green ones are the best, they have a finer mesh than the red uni's. I run one on my 160 and never had a problem, so I dunno if you really need the stocking but I suppose it can't hurt, more is better than less I guess.

I use the black with the red outer.
I see to often people taking their air filter off and there is dirt and water residue in the carbie.

I use the black with the red outer.
I see to often people taking their air filter off and there is dirt and water residue in the carbie.
True damo, and all that **** runs straight down the side of the barrel and piston causing damage to the barrel hone,piston and rings, all that friction from dirt and crap causes some nasty scoring on the barrel, a good filter oiled and maintained is one of few most important parts to maintain.

I know what can happen its just personal experience with a oiled green uni filter thats been oiled correctly, I've never had anything get through to the carb I suppose the difference is I'm a clean freak and clean my air filters after every ride so I guess maintenance is the key.

I know what can happen its just personal experience with a oiled green uni filter thats been oiled correctly, I've never had anything get through to the carb I suppose the difference is I'm a clean freak and clean my air filters after every ride so I guess maintenance is the key.

Soz brendo, didnt mean to make it sound like i was having a shot dude, just posted that for the thread starter.:)

Am I seeing things you posted that twice then when I come back its gone wtf.

Im on dial up right now and its takes so long you think it hasnt loaded and one press of the button and its dejavu.

Haha, it was and dial up was so slow I couldn't delete it quick enough. Dial up tryed to make me look like a p.r.i.c.k haha

you know what would fix most of these probs, if the chinese actually copied honda and kawasaki properly and made working airboxs for them stock. Then water and dirt would much less of a problem.

That would be awesome.

Im in the process of getting Aluminium air boxes made. At this stage im trying to make it viable cost wise and without any hp loss or very little. The first 1 out will be for the lxr then other models will follow.

Latest posts

Back