ducar 125 rebuild?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vb4me

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am new to this mini bike/pit bike thing as my son has just purchased a 2nd hand orion 2007 pit bike. He comes back for a ride and tells me the oil had to be refilled (wasnt checked when bought) and was blowing a bit of smoke. Then I am told wen it was run again that oil was comin out a hole on the crankcase.
I have just run the bike and yes it is blowing smoke out the exhaust and looks like a bit of oil in there. It is also blowing a reasonable amount of oil out an outlet that I believe to be a breather (looks like a tube should be attached) Dont know a great deal about 2 strokes so can anyone help me rectify my sons dodgy purchase. Is it rebuild time? Something come adrift internally or is it cheaper and easier to buy another engine and where from?
Thanks guys and apologies for putting up a heap of problems from a new poster, a web search brought me here and I am desparate to fix this asap for my lad.

well the first thing is that it is not a 2 stroke, its a 4 stroke, 125cc ducar.

i'm not the most knowledgable on parts prices but if you need to rebuild i think you would be in the area of $200 - $300 for a new piston / rings / gaskets / head machined. plus any other problems you find when you pull it down.

you would prob be better off going to someone like DHZ (you can find a link on here) or even ebay and finding a new motor, should be able to pick one up anywhere between $250 and $400.

Hope this helps

Is there too much oil in it? Being a Ducar a rebuild wouldn't be worth it so a new engine is a better option. Depending on how much you can spend go for a Yx, Lifan or Zongshen from DHZ or ebay.

yep it definitely sounds like it needs a rebuild. blowing oil out the breather is a sign of worm rings..

so you will need
head gasket, base gasket
piston kit (piston,rings,wrist pin)
hone the cylinder
oil

now if you shop in the right place you can buy all these for well under $100 and if you havent got a hone for the cylinder than your local mechanic/mower/motorcycle shop can hone the barrel.

tell us your location too mate, cause if your no comfortable doing the job there may be someone on here in your area that can help you out...(including me)

BananaMan thanks for your quick response. Was just about to say oops just realised they are four stroke :(. So know have a better understanding of what is going on with it and more than likely rebuild time.
I will definitely chase up those links. Thankyou
Not happy for my son though as now it is a bit of money to be thrown at this thing which was not planned on

Wow guys. Cheers so much for the help and quick responses. Ok I live in whyalla and should be able to rebuild this thing on my own but will now start chasing prices from the sites you guys have provided. Might also check out replacement engine prices to.
Once again thanks for such quick responses

Fixing this issue wont be the last of the money that will need to be spent on it, im sure a few other things will pop up along the way.

Ha. Guaranteed to Defective but an engine build straight up is not something planned on. But things like this will happen when impulse buying. Lol

Hey

The reason why there is oil comming out of your Crank case breather is because you have too much oil in your engine, one of the reasons why there have this breather is for oil over flow.

It mostly happens when you ride, it's because the engines movement sloshes the oil around and its exits at the breather hose.

This is why most people use a denser oil so the oil doesn't slosh around as much synthetic, which is a much thinner oil.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Jono

Last edited:
Get off this site Crazy 4 50's

Why would you sign up 2 accounts and then tell yourself get off this site? I could be wrong but it all looks way too sus doesn't it.

Last edited:
Nah man its a guy from school he made a user name almost the same as me and then he was just just talking shit and being a dick. I told him to stop.

EDIT: Sorry for the thread jacking

Thanks all for the help and suggestions. After a quick check of the oil it turns out it was over full. Misses and lad tryin to do the right thing :confused-smiley-014.
Still a little smokey but I can live with that.

Cheers guys

Latest posts

Back