earthing green wiring

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masso

Reaction score
Hey i really need your help for this one but what is the point of earthing the wire cant i just leave it where it is.

where does this wire go to the most important earth wire is the engine earth if it isn't connected all other neutrals will draw too much current and melt insulation

buy how do you connect the earth wires could you show me a diagram please

Negative is usually earth. Just connect earth wires to the frame/engine. You can also improve the earth connection by running a wire from the battery negative to the frame/engine.

man, you can attatch the earth conductor to any metal part that is attached to the engine/frame. if u want to be 100% sure get a multimeter or an ohm meter and check the resistance between the eath wire and any part of the engine where it is not painted.. a good reading should be below 0.5 ohms AS3000 (australian standard for houses)

on these bikes like many, the neutral conductor is the earth conductor, so the whole frame/engine is a neutral conductor.

the point is 'ground' the wire anywhere with a ring terminal.

Last edited:
where does this wire go to the most important earth wire is the engine earth if it isn't connected all other neutrals will draw too much current and melt insulation

im assuming ur talking about the ignition coil earth?

what are you on about mate?

if the earthing conductor is not connected the bike will simply not run.
and it draw any current cause it wont be producing any in the first place.

Negative is usually earth. Just connect earth wires to the frame/engine. You can also improve the earth connection by running a wire from the battery negative to the frame/engine.

Negative is always earth.
you dont need to run an extra wire to the frame or engine.
the engine itself is the earthing/neutral conductor.
the frame is automatically earthed to the engine via the engine mounts.

Old brit cars (some) had a positive earth, just covering all bases! A good earth is vital, often an additional earth can help stabilize an erratic idle or higher speed misfires. As well as protect from ignition circuit failures as can occur with bad earths.

Old brit cars (some) had a positive earth, just covering all bases! A good earth is vital, often an additional earth can help stabilize an erratic idle or higher speed misfires. As well as protect from ignition circuit failures as can occur with bad earths.

haha yeah....theres a big difference between old britt cars and minibikes....
earthing is vital but its not that hard to put a green and yellow wire with a ring terminal underneath a bolt head, a 2 second job.

haha yeah....theres a big difference between old britt cars and minibikes....
earthing is vital but its not that hard to put a green and yellow wire with a ring terminal underneath a bolt head, a 2 second job.

And possibly/probably theres a china with a positive earth system, anyway its a nonissue. My point was additional earth connections can and do help, helped a hell of a lot on my jap bike. Any corrosion on the primary connection acts as a resistor, should be checked but how often does that happen? Putting another lead is quick and gives peace of mind.

Latest posts

Back