Easy turn Mikuni fuel screw???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
ok, basically just wanting to know if you can get one of these
Zip Ty Racing
to suit the mikuni 26mm clone carbies.
So are there any available off the shelf?

"They feature a knurled forend for easy grip, anodizing for longevity, and laser etching for adjustment accuracy. The Zip-Ty Racing screw allows you to fine tune your bike easily and quickly with just your fingers - trail or track side."
blu%20fuel%20screw1.jpg

ok after some more research i found that some mikuni's have a thumbscrew type fuel screw. More to the point the RS-34-36-38-40 Radial Flat Slide Smoothbores.
So does anyone know if the pilot screw out of these will fit in the Mikuni 26mm? well the Chinese copy anyways?
these are the part numbers for them if it helps at all
· O-Ring, Fuel Screw N133.037

· Washer, Fuel Screw VM12/33

· Spring, Fuel Screw N133.206

· Screw, Pilot Fuel 604-26003

Yep they fit but if your Mikuni has the air fuel screw under the carb then you will need to cut cooling fins of with a dremel otherwise it wont fit.:eek:

How bad do you want one?

Take out your existing one and get a machine shop or watchmaker to turn one up.

hey mate, i noticed your from toowoomba... where abouts do you go riding?

yeh to be honest with you wouldnt bother with it, seeing as though your air screw is under your carbie its going to make it dificult just take her off but its a good idea for maybe a big bike but even then once youve done it your not really gunna change it if its running well =)

Ok i got one that fits, didn't have to cut anything or modify anything, has a fatter needle tip but that should be able to be allowed for with tuning. Will post what i found once i'm done.

@Jeremy. Haven't riden all that much yet mate, got it then took it for a couple hour ride at murphys creek and ended up melting the oil cooler line so was out of action for a bit. Have been upgrading stuff and trying to tune it smicho and fixing up a van i bought so i can transport it aswel. Will let you know when i'm gonna go riding again. (Btw i'm RisingStar off TCF)

mine was I simply took the carbie into my local bike wreckers where i get all the stuff for my pitty and told him what i wanted. Went back the next day and he had found one. Pretty sure its the same part number as the one i posted earlier.

Just gotta work out jetting for it as i think it may want a different jet to tune it properly. Was running reasonable with screw all the way in. Gonna try throw the original 20 back in instead of the 27.5 in it now, does that sound right? (The new screw has a fatter needle tip on it)

Last edited:
ok now i seem to have overlooked an issue so its back to the drawing board
the shaft lenth from the needle back to the thread is longer on the thumbscrew one
fuel screws.jpg

fuel screws closeup.jpg

it seems that because of the extra shaft length the spring isn't long enough to hold the "O" ring in place, will probably use washers or a collar to make the spring sit up higher and hold the "O" ring in place.
Back to the old one tomorrow for some tuning tho as I won't have time to do anything till during the week.

looking at the photos and also on the wear patterns on the screws themselves it is possible that they normally run a longer spring so its possible that if you were to order one of each of the parts i listed before you may not have the same issue as me. Going threw the logic tho and I think I will need a bigger pilot jet to allow for the fatter needle tip.

Latest posts

Back