Electrics died

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinlonpower

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was riding(practicing for P's)u-turns

My bike electrical just died,nothing,no light,no power...nothing
Main fuse good
Went over wiring,replaced any soft/melted wires from past issue with starter
Tried bypassing the kill switch by joing wires together before kill switch
Battery ok
Changed CDI
Changed starter solenoid.
took paint of frame on earth points etc

still nothing.When i turn my key i cant get indicators headlight or anything.it wont kickstart
There is no power at CDI,Coil or magneto

Any ideas?Can the magneto failing cause this?

sounds a bit strange...
id be looking at the regulator/rectifier
if it was magneto related then the lights should still work as they run off the battery/regulator.
best thing to do is track backwards from the battery to see where power stops..

other things to look at would be ignition and bar controls..

So did the bike stop running completely or just all the lights and not ?

bypassing the killswitch and joining the kill switch wires wont prove anything, just disconnect the killswitch and not join the wires, if you join them its like pushing the killswitch(no spark). You need to get a multimeter(10-15 buck one is all you need) and trace the power from the battery until it stops.

Yep.multimeter would be better then my test lamp:( the whole bike stopped,not just the ligjts etc.had to van it home. I moved the bike today while cleaning shed.it all powered up somehow when i turned the key,it cranked and all but the ignition alone made the cdi fry before my eyes smoking etc.it was a ebay direct replacement i fit hoping for a quik fix which previously made no difference to get it going again.

Last edited:
well i still dont have a multimeter,because im povo..
I unplugged the ignition barrel and hot-wired the black and red together and i now have lights,horn,indicators..everything except electric start.
Starter worked when i touched the positive and negative terminals together at the solenoid..
Does this bring me back to square one of a killswitch and ignition barrel?

I put the old starter solenoid back in and with key bypassed and it started first go!!fuel line is cracked from sitting so long so went to shut it down,when the killswitch failed so i pulled my hotwired join apart super fast!!!So i need a new ignition barrel,fuel line and repair/replace killswitch!!!its only taken me a few months.yay for me and thanks for advice..i have been riding an aprilia sxv 550 on the road since december so the kinlon is my new bush basher:)

Latest posts

Back