Electrics !!???? :(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch_cats

Reaction score
After literally 4 months of my bike being unriddable dur to a broken frame if finally got it fixed and on my first ride back now the electrics have gone bust. On the the first ride it was spluttering like there was something in the carby so i cleaned it out then but that wasnt the cause of the spluttering it turned out the coil had split inside the cap and the current must have been jumping. anyway i sort of twisted back on and the back was running fine until i hit a largish jump, i didnt stack or even stop but the bike just cut out and didnt start. i tried doing what i had done to the coil but nothing. i bought a new coil and spark plug and checked the cdi to see if there was a split but still no spark. Any ideas on what it could be and how to fix it??

Thanks a billion in advance Mitch

you just have to check and double check all connections, and it wouldnt hurt to test it with a known working cdi..
also unplug the kill switch as it may be earthing out..

also there is enough info in the tech section for you to test most of the electrical's...

Thanks once gain sean ill keep you updated all though it may be a while away

Latest posts

Back