Engine bogging down mid throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davis

Reaction score
Just still working out the bugs on this PitPro 140cc bigfoot that i aquired, its all good now i have replaced the brake fluid and now both brakes are working much better than the stock brake fluid they had in them. Only real problem i have is that when taking it for a bit of a ride to run it in it seems to bog down when im holding the throttle about halfway open, doesnt seem to do it when its in neutral, does this mean it might still be running rich? or could i have another problem maybe air getting in somewhere? I have been doing a bit of reading and it seems that the 30mm mikuni on there is rubbish im not sure if its a fakuni or a real one im guessing its a fake, seems like they are hard to tune and also that they are two big and i would benifit going to a 26mm carb is this the case?

yeah the Mikuni copy 22/26mm would be much better
fit a #20 Pilot jet to it before you put it on, then tune it (mixture screw) to suit your engine.

Cool thanks for the info, also wondering if the oko flatside carbs are any good compared to the mikuni ones? Do i need any adaptors to run one of those from what i have read they are easier to tune with the screws being more accesible.

An OKO would be good if your were looking for performance, I'd be going with the 24mm. It will come with an adapter to bolt onto your manifold, but it will need a jet change to suit your 140cc engine.

you could make a 26mm work with a 140, but would you would loose more bottom end with the 26 compared to the 24mm. You would however gain a far larger increase in your top end. The 26mm would be harder to jet correctly compared to the 24mm as well.

Latest posts

Back